1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Get rid of cooking smell

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by meghakapoor, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Jet Dry Tablets

Hi Ami,

You get Jet Dry tablets/gel for cleaning the diswasher. Just drop the whole bottle in your cutlery basket and run an empty cycle. I usually buy this walmart.

Vandhana

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks vandhana & kamla..

Will try yr methods. Vandhana, I am so surprised to note down that putting Jet dry and running an empty cycle is solving the entire problem!!!!

Surely, will try tonight..

Rgds.

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Not the regular Jet Dry

Ami,

This is not the regular jet dry used while rinsing. This is a special one just for cleaning the dishwasher. I have not tried using the regular jet dry to clean .

Vandhana

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Good that you told me..

Since Kamla has mentioned abt the availability, will check out in other shops. Another problem is that my dish washer(GE stainless steel) dont accept the other dish washing liquid like cascade. I use the standard Electrasol tablets. Can you tell any specific color or name for this purpose as have seen Jet dry in stop & shop, but a regular one??

Thanks

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

How to clean mixie's gaskette?

Hi friends,

How do you all take out the gaskette(rubber) from the mixie's lid? Some got real stuck at the lid and could not come out of it. Is there any way to take out and how do u clean the same??

Thanks.

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I use a spoon , hold it against the rubber, then press with my thumb and try to pull it away from the lid.I have not found anyother better way of doing it.Since the spoon is blunt,it will not tear the rubber either.

I wash the rubber with soap water and once everything is dry,place it back.

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Msg. to Vandhana..

Atlast, got a chance to buy Jet dry, the one to clean for entire dishwasher and now, my DW is quite "PARK"able!!! Thanks a lot for the help..

And, sunitha, do u try the same method even for the small jar becoz, the mouth can fit one hand comfortably..will try though..

Bye

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Ami

I am not able to understand your query. My small jar has only a thin rubber ring,looks more like a rubber band(Preethi Chefro plus),so it is very easy to pull out and clean that.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ami and Sunitha...

To my woe, I do not possess a mixer- grinder from India. I used to have one..Preethi make... in Germany which served me like a very true friend for many many years. I had bought extra lids and gaskets and some washers for the moving parts and replaced them as and when it was necessary. But when we moved to US, I gave it along with my table top grinder to friends with a heavy heart:( They would not have functioned in the US with its different voltage systems. Here, I am managing till now with the local liquidiser. As I want to keep my household simple, I am trying my best not to get tempted into buying the Indian mixie set!
    Long story short....not having one, I am unable to help you in your query Ami. Sunitha seems to have worked it out. So, best of luck to you too.

L, Kamla

10. viji.n

viji.n New IL'ite

learning dry wash

hai friends,

Anybody tell me where i haveto learn the dry cleaning course?because i like to learn that course.