1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Get Advice for Dental Health Issues !!!!!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by universaldental, Dec 6, 2013.

1. universaldental

universaldental New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am a DENTIST, returned to india in 2010. Presently settled down having my own practice in KONDAPUR, HYDERABAD.
    I have started this post to help, anybody who would like to have a dentist whom they can approach or would like to get a timely advice or a 2nd opinion regarding their dental problems.
    I would be glad to advice you and your loved ones, who are interested in posting their queries !!!!!!!
    I have a degree in ADVANCED PROSTHODONTICS from UIC college of dentistry, Chicago, IL, USA and i have also 12+ yrs of experience in this field.....

Hope this posting will be helpful for most of you !!!!!!!!! Looking forward to answer your questions ..........

Regards..
    Universal

2. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for this thread. I am diagonised with extra molar in the right jaw. My dentist wanted to remove it off immediately, as it may cause problems forever. I am biding time coz I am scared of pain and time taken to get totally relieved. Has the extra molar to be removed for sure?

3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much for gracing this forum.

I have a question.

For a woman with family history(mother) of diabetes, what kind of dental precautions/steps/pro-active measures are suggested to combat future dental problems?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. universaldental

Hi Visasri,
    I understand your concern. Usually we do extract the extra teeth in the mouth which are also called supernumerary teeth. They usually try to displace your teeth that are aligned nicely,they might cause crowding too to make space for themselves.
    and maintaining hygiene in that area is also a little difficult.
    This is what I can advice you..... let's say if your extra tooth is in line with your other teeth i.e., it's not erupted to the side and it's not a problem for you right now, than I would like you to maintain the area well by brushing... use a baby tooth brush which can reach that area well.
    If it's erupted to the side (towards cheek), there are more chance of your molars getting decayed in future... so go head and get it removed. Because anyway it's a non-functional tooth and you will have less maintenance in that area later.

Hope I have answered your question. If you need any further advice regarding this matter or anything else... do post it here.

Regards

5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Thank you very much for your advice. It is great to get to know things from professional experts. Thanks

6. universaldental

Hi SimpleMom,

These are the precautions that can be taken care on a daily basis:

1) Brushing twice daily with Flossing.If possible a gently brushing after every meal too, to wash of any food residues in the mouth.

2) Use of Anti-bacterial mouthwashes

3) Having foods rich in Vitamin C. These help the gums to be healthy.

4) Having Calcium Supplements for the bone.

5) Drink lots of fluids, since diabetic patients experience dry mouth and this can lead to infections and tooth decay.

6) Dental Checkup at a 6-8 months interval. Get a Professional cleaning done at the time of visit…any plaque/calculus deposits will be removed which cannot be removed with brushing.

Regards :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. universaldental

Thank you Visasri.
    I feel nice to give advice, who are in a confused state or who would like to have a 2nd opinion about their dental problems.

universaldental

8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Thank you. I am not diabetic, at least not yet. Have family history.

9. universaldental

Hi,
    The precautions/tips that I have mentioned earlier, that has to be taken care on a day to day basis is for both diabetic and non-diabetic individuals.

Regards,
    universaldental

1 person likes this.
  10. smithajeevanp

smithajeevanp Senior IL'ite

[Hi

I was having severe pain in the right upper wisdom tooth. i went to the dentist she told that i have to remove it through surgery and the surgeon was not available that day and she gave some antibiotics and painkillers. the pain has gone and due to some works i couldn't go there.three months back it broke but not completetly. two weeks back, the teeth started growing and it is coming out and it pushed a small portion of my gum out and it is hanging now.but there is no pain at all.kindly advice what to do.i am so scared.