1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Gerber or Heinz food

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Padminiramesh, May 25, 2010.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Mommies,

LO is 6 months old now, i am planning to introduce Gerber/Heinz food which would be handy when we go out. I heard that Heinz is better than Gerber...please suggest me which one is best and what are all the flavours we can get it.
    BIL is coming this week and planning to get it from there...so planning to try few and while DH coming can stock more.

I think Heinz custard would be yummy...any thoughts?

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, if your BIL is coming down,maybe he can get earths best...they have lots of varieties.
    for cereals i prefer the indian ones, easum,nestum.DD has started to HATE cerelac..

i only give her easum/nestum with veggie soup now.

but for bottled foods,earths best has very good choices.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

In Gerber, The cereals for supported sitter are Rice cereal,Oats cereal, barley cereal.Combination also available.for sitter, mixed grain,wheat is there and all purees like prunes,sweet potato,macroni cheese,pasta,apple,banana,beans,peas,pears,peaches.for sitter,more mixed combinations is available.I am giving the listed things to my LO.

4. Neetu_kumar

Neetu_kumar Senior IL'ite

Padmini, DS never liked Heinz but he did well with Earth's best. Not sure about Gerber.

5. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

My baby likes gerber and earths best

6. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

If you live in India, why don't you use fresh veg purée for the child? In India one has daily fresh markets that sell vege/ fruits, so have your maid pressure cook fresh items and run them through the food processor/mixed.

If you want, for travel purpose, just keep a couple of jars of Gerber/heinz apple, banana, broccoli, carrot, spinach purées. At six months it is difficult to digest other things. Also introduce one new item every other week, so the little ones digestive system does not get overloaded!