1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gerber foods for 6months completed

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by charmingpooh, Mar 22, 2010.

1. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

hi all

can we give gerber foods(stage first) like apple/banana to 6months old?? any feedback on gerber..

please advise.

cheers
    poornima

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hello to charmingpooh from loonypooh!

my baby has been having prune stage 1 puree from gerber and LOVES it... i have stocked quite a bit.... the fruits/veggies which are either difficult to get or make...
    but applesauce and banana you might just want to make and give... easy on pocket too...
    from gerber we have stocked...
    stage 1 prunes, peaches,pears,squash and 100% prune juice(comes in pack of 4 oz)
    these are extremely handy... and she LOVES it!

but bananas , applesauce,sweetpotato we make at home...
    my baby didnt do well with bananas and rice cereal... so at the moment we are giving her fruit and veg purees....give 1 food for a wk and chk for allergies :)

3. charmingpooh

many thanks loonypooh.As you said,I will give her Prunes,Pears.. but we bought apple,banana:bonk
    how much quantity we need to give daily in the morning?? i will start with one spoon.if she is normal for 3 days,then how much quantity can we give?

cheers
    poornima

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Yes you can give Gerber 1st foods to 6 month old.Try with a teaspoon for 2-3 days ,if no allergic reaction,you can give half of it mixed with cereal and see how she responds.Otherwise if you want to give it as a seperate food(not mixing it with cereal) ,try half of it and see.

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi charmingpooh

LO is 5.5 mo and I am giving her fresh fruits (banana & chiku) as well as gerber.
    She likes bananas (both fresh mashed with milk and the gerber one).
    I used to give her gerber 1tsp mixed with BM. But now she has half of the gerber small box with or without Bmilk.

6. charmingpooh

thanks manju ,suman. i will start with her gerber banana.

7. myangel

myangel Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends

my baby is going 2 complete 6th month,am giving Ragi and dhal water,she doesen't like cerelac rice,smashed apples....i like 2 start puree varieties apple,banana, ......you friends are discussed about Gerber food(prune stage 1 puree from gerber ),what is that Gerber foods,am staying in coimbatore,where it'll be avaliable,hope this is Tin food ...i can pack this while traveling,

pl clear my doubts

What is prune stage 1 puree from gerber
    which type of Gerber food is best to start.

pl need ur advise
    Regards
    Priya

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

priya i stay in cbe too. u will get gerber foods at just born in R S puram and best baby, thats near at home furniture store...
    gerber stage 1 foods are for babies starting solids. they come in packs of 2... which costs 150 Rs. we are feeding her 1 pack for 2 days, slowly i think she can take one helping for one day. they are nothing but fruit/veg puree... my LO loves it.

Prunes arent available here, so i use gerber stage 1 prunes..... she loves them
    today we started butternut squash for her... she has that too....

btw, have u tried adding your expressed BM to applesauce? she will definitely take it. try mashing foods with little BM and give her. slowly introduce them without BM...

9. charmingpooh

yet to start this gerber applesauce..Do we need to heat it before giving?? they mentioned in that pack.i kept in the freezer. please tell me so that i can start..

cheers
    poornima

10. myangel

myangel Bronze IL'ite

Hi poonam

Thankz for your reply,good to know ur from cbe,ye I bought gerber apple,she is taking slowly 2-3 ts,am giving carrot and potato smashed.

thankz priya