General queries

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by vivbass, Mar 31, 2007.

1. itsme25

itsme25 New IL'ite

In need of Shiva Puranam

Hi Ladies!! This is my first post in IL. I have been a regular visitor of this site and you all are doing a great job!! :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Am in need of "Shiva Puranam" audio format and text. I tried Googling, no luck yet. Can some one direct me plz?

Cheers!

2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Monday prayers

Hi,

I have been a vegetarian on Monday, since I was told that my star being Magayiram, it is good that I pray and be a veg. on monday.

But Now I want to do it the right way! I want to follow the actual vidhi, do the puja, and please do tell me what I can and what I cannot eat on mondays! And it is for Lord Shiva, right?

Please help!

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Re: Monday prayers

Hi ANK,

Not sure if this is the info. you need ; but recently read in a spiritual tamil monthly about 'Somvaara Vratham' . Acc. to that , Monday is for worshipping Shivan + Moon. You have to wake up early, have bath before Sunrise, make Chakkarai Pongal, wear a yellow coloured dress and go to Shiva temple & pray before Shiva/Parvathi idol. You have to do Archanai with red 'arali' flowers, neivedhyam of the chakra pongal. Then pray to the Chandra Bhagwan in Navagraha sannidhi, chant some slogam of Chandra bhagwan. As affordable can donate some rice [raw/uncooked] to the poor .

Doing so is supposed to remove 'chandra dosham' from horoscope, mental worries will cease [ as moon is connected to mind] and peace prevails in mind & family.

Hope this is helpful for you. God Bless.

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

It s all really a humbug so dont believe anything........Witsend

The people who dont have any work ll send these kind of mails so just do shift+delete and start doing your work..........

5. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Re: Monday prayers

Hi Grace3,

Thanks a ton!

6. avita

avita Senior IL'ite

slokas

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>hi
    can v chant slokas during periods?
    if should nt chat then after how many days should we?
    if v for any temple after long time and after going there if v get periods then wat can we do? some ppl say that during such time v should take bath in that temples pond and drop 1.25paise in pond and worship the god with that wetness. Is this procedure correct?

7. krishsudha

krishsudha New IL'ite

hi,

I am uploading sivapuranam in english, you can listen to sivapuranam in raaga.com.

sudha

Attached Files:

8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Nalayera Thivya Prabhandham

Hi all,
    I want to start reciting Nalayera Thiva Prabhandham.Anyone know where to start ?
    I'm looking for some guidance on starting this.
    Thanks
    Mangai

9. shanthi krishna

shanthi krishna New IL'ite

Re: Nalayera Thivya Prabhandham

Hi mangai, There is a website for vaishnavam related slokas , prapatti.com. Hope you know about that. another is saranagathi.org. Youcan hear all prabandams in recitation. Hope this will be useful for you.

10. rajpriya

rajpriya New IL'ite

Re: Couldnt follow the ritual..Plz help

Dear All,

Two weeks back have decided not to eat rice till 20th (Thatz the day am gonna finish vaibavlakshmi poja) of this month.
    Have been following that but today mom forced me to eat rice,she doesnt know about this.B'coz she will bad for me, already v all undergoin tough time.
    weekdays itz not a problem coz am staying in a hostel only on weekends i will come home.
    Before having rice i prayed to god...What should i do now shall i start continuing the same???
    Please get back about this...esp from Chitraji