General queries

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by vivbass, Mar 31, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

dear all,
    i want to ask u all what can i do for this?? iam getting mails from my friends,in that send the copy to 10 members,then u will lose something or bad luck like this stupid mails:evil: becoz of fear iam also sending to other friends,so iam losing friendship from others:icon_frown: what to do for this,i cannot leave it like that,so pls anyone suggest me what to do???
    thanx in advance.

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Re: fwd

It really depends on how comfortable & confident you are with your beliefs. If the picture really looks nice & is something that I don't have then I download & may be even print it sometimes (if the quality is good). But I don't bother to spam others with that email as its not good internet etiquette. Ofcourse, I believe that God is above & beyond counting faithful people by the number of emails they have forwarded or not.

This forwarding concept was there even before emails. People used to receive postcards especially from a chain mail link which said that you'll be blessed by Lord Venkateswara (in Tirupati) & not to break the chain etc.

When you do good deeds and live a conscientious life & pray for others well-being I think you've already chosen the right path to live.

Many other forward emails which say that you have to send this email to x number of people so the original sender pays 10 or 15 cents per email & that goes to aid some cause like treating a child's cancer etc is definitely a hoax. Because if the original sender is indeed sending a hidden code to track all the emails everyone has sent then there is a huge violation of privacy & there's no telling what else they can access on your personal computer!! So that's a hoax & I don't hesitate to educate the person who sent it to me. We have to understand that many live in paranoia & guilt of consequence of what they have done or not done & that's the reason for the birth of such mails & emails.

3. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,

I have never ever bothered to forward these 'chain' mails ; I simply dump them in 'trash' ! No letter can affect the blessings which God has in store for us. No mail is more powerful than our prayers, :-D our good intentions and deeds. Don't worry over what harm would come if u don't forward some silly words; they are just using God's name to frighten poor souls into doing things they don't really want to do. Sometimes the excuses & punishments are literally laughable ! If it's a close friend you can politely tell them, u don't believe in all this & not to disturb u by sending such stuff.

If not, try forwarding the message 10 times to the sender itself ? :rotfl Get rid of them in one shot ...

With love,
    Dew.

4. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear Lavanya and Dewdrop,

Thanks for your reply. Now I got some relief.:bangcomp:

Good idea Dewdrop. :yes:

5. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Installing of Lakshmi Devi in my pooja room

Dear Mrs.Chitra and other knowledgeable ladies,

I was given a Silver idol of lakshmi devi by my grandmother when I went to visit her this time in India,and she told me to install it during dasara(navarathri) and start pooja from tha day.I forgot to ask which day but assuming it is dasami day.Please can you tell me which day it is that they do Lakshmi pooja during navaratri?Also after seating the devi on Her pedestal in my pooja mandir,can I immediately start pooja for the devi?I plan to do some specific poojas which I want to start immediately.Please advise.any other information regarding the lakshmi pooja in navaratrhi is welcome(regarding slokas, etc) is also welcome.

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Re: Installing of Lakshmi Devi in my pooja room

Hai

Its very nice to hear that u got Lakshmi Idol from ur grandmother, this is the correct time to keep it in ur puja room and start doing puja , and the second 3 days of Navaratri belongs to Lord Lakshmi ,(monday 15th,tuesday and wednesday)

Chitra madam have already mentioned everythign in detail in her NAVARATRI LINKS / NAVARATRI regarding NAVARATRI PUJA ,DAILY CHANTING SLOKAS, SPECIAL SLOKA FOR DURGA,LAKSHMI AND SARASWATHI and also about NAIVEDHIYAMS for morning and evening , u can refer that for all details

Wishing u very happy NAVARATRI

GOD BLESS U

latamurali

7. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Re: Installing of Lakshmi Devi in my pooja room

Hi Lata,

thanks for your answer.I have gone through Chitra's extensive collection of slokas here and found the navaratri related slokas.thanks for the suggestion.I am however thinking of installing the idol on dasami day as I could not do it yesterday and today I was in a hurry,had to pick up my daughter from school and pick up some groceries.

8. tmsunder

tmsunder New IL'ite

Mama Vandhaniyam

Dear all:

I have read the following sloka attributed to Bhagawan Krishna.

He explains that his respects are to six group of people:

1. One who performs 'Anna Dhan' every day to poor and needy.
    2. 'Agni hotri' who does his vedic nitya karmas.
    3. Who is proficient and practices Vedanta or essence of Vedas.
    4. One who has seen 1000 full moons in his life time or one who has lived beyond his eightieth year.
    5.One who performs 'upvaas' twice a month on ekadasi days
    6. Pativrita- a wife who is chaste and committed to her husband.

I am unable to see this verse as told by the Lord either in Bhagavad Gita or Shrimad Bhagavatam.

Can the learned members of the group throw some light to the original source and context reference of this wonderful Sanskrit verse?

NithyAnna DhAthA TaruNAgnihOthri
    VedAntha Vidhu: Chandra Sahasra darsee
    MaasOpavAsi cha PathivrathA cha
    ShaD jeevalOkE mama vandhaneeyAm

Thanks

Suja

9. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

reg rakshas which has been prayed on

Since I am going thro a difficult period of pain.Can anyone help me to get a rakshai for me to wear and pray on.Chennai is ok.I live in Usa.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Let us email our prayers to Lord Shiva

Dear Ilites,

Today is Mahashivarathiri, the auspicious day.

Most of you would have gone to temples to have darshan. Some of you may have plans for staying awake the whole night.

Though many of us feel that we were not able to stay awake and pray and praise Lord Shiva to seek His blessings, here is the chance for you.

Let us chant the mantra - OM NAMAH SHIVAYA and offer our prayers along with the mantra.

I should have started this much earlier. Anyways - my prayer

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA - Oh Lord, I seek Your divine blessings on this auspicious day. Please add more peace to my life.

You may place your chantings in multiples and even the prayers, but in different posts, so that, it adds to the number of replies.