1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

General Discussion On How Much A Dil Can Adjust And What A Mil Needs To Be Empathetic About

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sindmani, May 17, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Same thing happened in my close friends' life. Her brother was hospitalized with jaundice . she comes to her hometown from metro every month , which is both her and her husband's native. They came for 1 week only . she was not allowed to see her brother in hospital stating her sister in law' s child who was brought up by her mil might catch the disease .Yes child's immunity power is less so at least for a day she could have stayed in her home straight from hospital.she is not usually allowed to her mom's place for days ,only few hours though it is 10 min drive from mil's home. Even now after her son born , it is not better. Now they say they want to be with their grandson more time.so only limitedly and with lots of permission she goes to her mom's home. She is very patient person. She is matured too. So far she is fine with it.

2. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

True...being submissive is really a probelm....or I was taught to listen to whatever mil says accept it etc etc..initially it was very difficult still I kept mum but after a point I couldn't take it anymore ...now that I reverse talk I am devil incarnation of an dil ......I have lot of headstrong Ness etc etc....

What's the concept of accepting pil as parents. ..no one can replace parents for a girl or a boy ..can a boy accept pil as own parents ..no

Girls are expected to behave submissive right from the moment she is married but that stress is not their for a guy...One thing I noticed no matter how mil faced her il one she goes to that position she changes. ..In fact ppl who had difficulty in adjusting to their il become more tough mils. .

Kukudukuu and sindmani like this.