General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

Nithyananda is hot topic. I really wonder , how genius ?. Is people around him are mad or makes use of social media?.

Heard one of his divine lover(s) will be PM for his KAILASA country. Great gesture for serving him for years.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Mistt likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Sunshine04 likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

you are welcome.
    JUST a new development. i need to renew my kids OCI

5. Sunshine04

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, we need to renewal for my kids OCI. i thought of no need to renewal.

7. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

I think groom's side thinks that since they are taking girl away, all gifts also belong to them only :)

Nowadays I see in Indian wedding card invitations that 'your blessing is the only gift we accept' but don't people still give gifts? So what is the use in printing that?

8. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Wonderful parents here,

We (or I) have a dilemma. We are going to India for a 4 weeks trip as soon as my wife's academic session ends. This is our first trip to Des with twins. We will be flying to Chennai. She has plans to stay in my MIL's house(my wife's childhood home) for first 3 weeks. Then she has planned an outing to a resort in Mahabalipuram for 4 days and then back to her house to finish shopping, pack etc. I have no parents left but my sisters live in another state. They could come to Chennai for a visit to meet us and see babies but it will be hard for them as their towns do not have airports nearby. My wife says that twin's first trip, so we cannot expose them to too much travel, change in water/weather etc. I don't want to jeopardize my babies' health (BTW they both have up-to-date vaccinations) but mean time I want my kids to enjoy both of their aunts' company as well and also visit my home state. My wife says I could do a solo trip to visit my sisters which is not going well with me. I want to go with my babies. In the 437 days they are born, I have not been away from them for a single day or night. So this is creating some friction which I don't want to escalate as it is holidays season and I want her to enjoy this rare India trip.

Is there a middle ground to this so both of us can agree and not come back with sour note?

I could have posted this in my travails thread but this thread sees more foot traffic/eye balls, so posting here.

9. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

How old are your twins? And how are their health in general? Do they get sick often or anything?

I traveled to India with my LO when he was 10~months old. I grew up in the US and my LO has never been to India. I stayed in Chennai with my in-laws, as well as traveled (by train) to Madurai. It was not a problem, as I was breastfeeding my son. Idly was the travel food of choice and i feel like we can find quality and safe foods nowadays (compared to my childhood). Diapers and other child care supplies are readily available locally, so I honestly felt comfortable traveling with my baby. Of course, I only had one child and my son never needed to visit the dr for anything other than well baby check ups.

Sunshine04 and Greenbay like this.
  10. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

if money is not an issue you could book tickets / accommodation for your sisters family to visit you or have them for few days at Mahabalipuram resort too.

KashmirFlower, shravs3 and Greenbay like this.