1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gene Mapping - Our Rishis Had It

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: GENE MAPPING - OUR RISHIS HAD IT :hello:

Ancient Indian Rishis seemed to have studied in-depth the modern genetics thousands of years ago. This is an amazing genetic science we Indians follow called
    By a different name known as GOTRA systems.

The word GOTRA is familiar to us especially when we sit for performing Pooja, the priest asks for it. Gotta formed from two sanskrit words GAU (cow) and Trahi (shed). So, Gotra means cowshed.

Gotra is like a cowshed protecting a particular male lineage. We identify our male lineage-gotra by considering descendants of the 8 great Rishi known as Sapta rishi and one more as Bharadwaj rishi. All the other gotra evolved from these Rishis only.

Biologically, human body has 23 pairs of XX chromosomes (each one from father and one from mother). Out of these 23 pairs, only one pair decides the gender and so that pair is known as XY sex chromosomes.

During conception, if the resultant cell formed is OF XX chromosomes, then the child will be girl, if it is XY then it is boy.

They are 8 different Y chromosomes from 8 Rishis. If we are from Same Gotra then it means we are from same root ancestor. THIS ALSO MEANS there eight categories of man.

Marriages between same Gotra will increase the risk of causing genetic disorders as same Gotra Y chromosomes cannot have crossover and it will activate the defective cells.

If this continues, it will reduce the size and strength of Y chromosome which is crucial for the creation of male. If no Y chromosome is present in this world, then it will cause males to become extinct.
    So Gotra system is a method to avoid genetic disorders and attempt to protect Y chromosome.

Amazing bio-science by our Maharishis. Our Heritage is unarguably THE GREATEST.

shreepriya likes this.

2. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

What does Gotra have to do with gene mapping ?

Gotra Is another way to make feel someone superior and another person inferior, same like caste.

Gene mapping describes the methods used to identify the locus of a gene and the distances between genes. Gene mapping can also describe the distances between different sites within a gene. The essence of all genome mapping is to place a collection of molecular markers onto their respective positions on the genome.

Gene mapping - Wikipedia

3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I am sorry but this is incorrect information. The Y chromosome doesn't have 8 variants and gotra has nothing to do with the gene mapping. Gotra means you are related to each other at some point in time..possibly came from the same ancestor. Genetic mapping is a totally different thing. It shows where genes are located on a chromosome, not only in the X and Y chromosome but also in the other 22 autosomes.

4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

You don’t have to feel sorry, some people believe anything they read on the internet that makes them feel superior.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for the clarification and I stand corrected.

I have posted this in the forum under “interesting SHARES” and the author or the writer on this subject of Gothra is anonymous. While sharing news or posts like this, my aim was only to generate others opinion and mere posting here doesn’t mean that ”I am fo it” nor I endorse those views wholeheartedly.

2. Posting such information in other group or groups always helps to get better and wider perspectives and with this end in view the above was posted. It is known that all that appears in Internet or in black & white are not necessarily Lilly pure or beyond fake. Factscheck is necessary and in few cases it remains well neigh impossible to check the facts.

3. While clarifying about the authorship of Original panchathanthra, Another eminent learned friend and fellow IL’ite opined that since anyone can post the message in Wikipedia and continuously edit that, even Going by those posts In Wikipedia, one could get easily mislead.

4. I must admit that a patent error in the title by inclusion of words “ GENE MAPPING” . It has nothing to do with “ Gothra”. I agree that while the former is an esoteric science on genome, the knowledge of Gothra is handed down from generation to generation since ages not based on science known to us now.

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Marraige between close relatives,( between the children of maternal uncle and paternal aunts )is still more dangerous and may cause defects by birth than the marriages of individuals belonging to the same gotra,since the relationship is very distant.

My response has nothing to do with genetics or gene mapping.Science is advancing so much.Defects of the baby within womb are detected and rectified also.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Post something that is totally false and when confronted claim innocence by saying it’s just a shared message.

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Sir,
    We get a lot of news through sources of WhatsApp, YouTube and other links. My humble request is please don't post all forwarded news/messages here. We need to check it is real or fake news/message before posting in interesting share or any other forum because sometimes that false shared message may misleads the reader.

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

To test how Wikipedia works, try and post some nonsense in any of the Wikipedia article and see what happens.