Gems Millenium Sharjah vs. Star International School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by drdivyatripathi, Jan 29, 2013.

1. drdivyatripathi

drdivyatripathi New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are going to shift to Ajman in April.
    1) My daughter aged 05yrs.is going to finish KG I in March 2013. Please give your valuable opinion about these 02 schools. DPS has no seats left for KG II.
    2) What are your opinion about Australian International School/ Victoria International Schools? We thought of these as they are IB Schools.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

2. Nemomom

Nemomom New IL'ite

These schools follow the Australian curriculum and not IB. I do not think there are any IB schools in sharjah. If you want to try at millenium please do the online registration immediately before the registration closes.

3. drdivyatripathi

Thank you for a prompt reply.
    We have registered with Gems but 2 days back I came across this school called Star International on the net which has good reviews. Do you have any idea about it?
    These Australian Schools provide only IB diploma (11th and 12th grade), I guess. But, these were the only schools (And DPS) which actually replied to our mails. Rest didn't care.
    What about Sharjah English School? It looks like a good school from the website.
    Thanks again.. TC

4. Nemomom

Nemomom New IL'ite

Don't know about star intl School except that admissions are currently open. Among the British curriculum schools I have been told that Victoria English school is good. Here's the link to their site Victoria English School
    Right now what you need to do is decide which curriculum you want your child to study... CBSE, British or IB. Problem with IB is that there are only schools in Dubai. If you don't want your child to travel all the way there then you choose between CBSE and British. Of course while you are in the process of deciding you keep contacting all the schools and find out the details.

5. drdivyatripathi

Sure would do that... the question of IB/ British started when we got an answer from DPS that registrations are closed and we did'nt know of any other good CBSE school. Now i'll check out Victoria English and Sharjah English as well.
    Thank you.

6. susmiraji

susmiraji Bronze IL'ite

most IB/ british schools in SHJ are arabic except australian international school....so check well b4 choosing..
    susmi...

7. drdivyatripathi

Thank you Susmiraji for this valuable information.I have checked out CBSE schools( D.P.S & Gems Millenium School ), there are no seats left for KG 2. So, now I am left out with Sharjah English School and Australian International School. We have no problem with either British/Australian Curriculum, the school should be good which should be helpful in my daughter's overall development.
    Please do share your opinions, it will really help us in taking a decision.

8. susmiraji

susmiraji Bronze IL'ite

i checked with some ib schools in muwaileh area,bt most having local and arab students...i feel Sharjah English school, westgreen, victoria ,brillant all on this grp...bt hav heard gud abt australian international school even a bit expensive(bt no personel experience).....so check directly b4 taking decision and enrolment...
    susmiraji..

9. drdivyatripathi

Thanks Susmi, this is exactly what we wanted to know. My husband will be in Ajman in Feb.end so he is going to check Australian Intl.school (and D.P.S if there are any chances). Other Intl.schools are also expensive as quoted on the net (esp. Victoria Intl.and Sharjah English) but its okay if the school is good.. :)
    Please give opinions about any other good schools I should check out.(CBSE/IB/Australian/British)

10. susmiraji

susmiraji Bronze IL'ite

hi divya,
    if u going with ib,most gud schools r in dubai and most hav western students....i have heard austalian international school is really gud....for CBSE,you can try Gems Millenium,Leaders Pvt School and DPS...bt very difficut to get thre in DPS..
    susmi...