1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gems and beads

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by nyeturi, Mar 4, 2008.

1. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Hi frds how are u all????????? Next week I am goin to gemshow here. I know lil about gems and beads, but can u people tell me that what is the latest fashion now in gems and beads and can u tell me what is the good one and some useful tips. Is there any websites about this pl tell me frds. Thanks in advance and take care all.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    It is not good to invest so much money on buying beads/gems etc as you might have to invest so much on gold too.
    YOu could buy pearls, they seem to be good.
    Buying beads like ruby, emerald etc is not worth as it is not of good qualities.
    The beads will peel off / leaves the color while making jewellery.
    I brought lots of beads which are just lying and don't have time to make them.
    For fancy, you could buy less expensive ones....
    We already have one thread about this disccussions... you could find more information on this .
    Hope this helps...
    Regards.

3. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Hi Puni88 thanks for ur valuable information.

4. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

nyeturi

You can buy corals, pearls, swarovski crystals, garnets etc. If interested you can go online and google out some simple designs so that you can make simple designed single line necklaces at home itself by putting a hook at both ends. You will get all the required jewellery making supplies online (and also at the gem shows for very less amount..)

you would need beading wire (depending on the size of the hole in the gem stone,), hooks at both the ends or you can put some charms to latch on..any jewellery or beading supplies site or store or gemshows will have all these you can try putting some gold beads in between and make simple necklaces and wear them. (to get them done in gold is so really waste as we dont get to wear them too often..) just my thought..