1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Geeta Uninterpreted

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 6, 2019.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

GEETA UNINTERPRETED

HARI UWACH :

O! ANNA!

Na jaayate mriyate vaa kadaachin

Na Bhrastacharam bhootwaa bhavitaa vaa na bhooyah;

Ajo nityah shaashwatob ayam puraano

Na hanyate hanyamaane Bhrashtachara.Oh Anna.

1.Hari said, O! Anna!

Bhrastachar is not born nor does it ever die; after having been, it again ceases not to be.

Unborn, eternal, changeless and ancient, it is not killed when the body is killed,

COMMENTARY: Hari said, O! Anna!

Corruption (Bhrastachar) is a very old phenomenon. The person that indulges in it dies but it never dies. Therefore make no efforts to try to fight it.

Hazare!

Vaasaamsi jeernaani yathaa vihaaya

Navaani grihnaati naro’paraani;

Tathaa shareeraani vihaaya jeernaa

Nyanyaani samyaati navaani dehee.

2. Hazare!

Just as a man casts off worn-out clothes and puts on new ones, so also the embodied Self casts off worn-out bodies and enters others that are new.

COMMENTARY: Hazare!

Just as we reject the old worn-out clothes and wear new ones, similarly Corruption also abandons the dead bodies and enters new bodies, preferably in the body of one of the family members. These new bodies instantly start Corruption.

O! Detached!

Nainam cchindanti nainam dahati paavakah shastraani;

Na chainam kledayantyaapo na shoshayati maarutah.O! Detached.

3. O! Detached!

Weapons cut it not, the fire burns it not, water wets it not, and wind dries it not.

COMMENTARY: O! Detached!

Corruption is partless. It is infinite and extremely subtle. So the sword cannot cut it, fire cannot burn it, wind cannot dry it. Your efforts will not yield any results. Before you also efforts have been made but humans have not understood the true power of Corruption.

O! Conqueror of hunger

Sukhaduhkhe same kritwaa laabhaalaabhau jayaajayau;

Tato yuddhaaya parihare naivam paapamavaapsyasi.

O! Conqueror of hunger!

4. O! Conqueror of Hunger!

Having made pleasure and pain, gain and loss, victory and defeat the same, drop this thought of battle against Corruption; thus thou shalt not incur sin.

COMMENTARY:This is the Yoga of equanimity or the doctrine of poise in action. Do not be happy or unhappy. Do not bother about victory or defeat. Forget about Corruption and start a new life. This way you will not be accused of disrupting the equilibrium.

Bhau!

Bhau! Sarvasadyasaan parityajya maamekam sharanam vraja;

Aham twaa sarvapaapebhyo mokshayishyaami maa shuchah.

5.Bhau! (brother)

Abandoning all members, take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee from all sins; grieve not.

COMMENTARY: Bhau! Abandoning all members of the team, who are conspiring by throwing Rays(Kiran) on the Lotus (Arvind) but intending to burn you in Fire (Agni) and scatter your ashes in the troubled waters of the Pacific (Prashant) and deny you eternal Peace (Shanti), come under my protection and I guarantee you salvation (Moksha).

P.S. This blog was written during the anti-corruption by Anna Hazare supported by Kiran Bedi (Now a Lt. Governor under BJP Rule), Arvind Kejriwal (Delhi CM of AAP), Prashant Bhushan and his father Shanti Bhushan, Advocates who are no more with Kiran or Arvind.

The more things change, the more they look the same.

Balajee and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Corruption begins at home in childhood.
    If you do this I will give you chocolate. If you finish home work soon I shall get you pizza. And so on. The converse is true. To get something done something must be done. The economy of the world moves with something something.
    Thanks and regards.

3. HariLakhera

Thanks for your first and only feedback so far. Yes, corruption, like charity, starts at home. It's funny that we never tire of talking about eradicating it. But then, may be because of this untiring effort only, it is under wraps, to some extent.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha GFeeta is great if not Bhagavad Geeta at least Hari Geeta. Krishna must be shuffling uncomfortably in his seat wherever he is!

5. HariLakhera

Hahaha.
    I am sure He is. That's makes me think about God's Dilemma.