Gay??......Disgusting to me!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sunny3, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Gays want to marry, next right they want is to have a child, adoption? if they want a child, then why not marry a woman? how can they want to have a family , in a non natural way? some say hetrosexual people also dont have kids, they adopt? but that is not due to being non natural, its due to deficiency, a gay couple can never have a child together, ever, period.

All they want to do is everything that a hetrosexual couple does in a unnatural way, but claim that they are acting naturally.

2. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

So if I endorse gays and say yeah yeah they deserve this, my views become modern,and worth of praise?

I had heard about a father in US who had adopted a daughter from Korea, when the daughter grew adult, both married, the father divorced his wife, his daughter used to call him DAD....But both married.. Consenting adults?

Do you people endorse that, if so, then this topic is done and no more scope of argument.... Because theoritically I can agree to everything but not do even one of those things

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

hello Suitable Girl,

Mam, I just want to say that :

I believe in Pygmalion effect and I just felt when the mother is very scared for somthing with the child, If she believes that the child is not going to do that, then the child may really not be that way.... thats what I want to convey and yes I totally agree that its not 100% in our hands.
    I dint mean to say gays are not in places like India, I know they are every where in varying nos.(may be they are more in developing countries like India - we have no statistics), teaching ones family's tradition can make a child to think about it and try to follow that without making the mind distracted by other things..... as I dont beleive that gays and lesbians are somthing Natural.
    "being a Psychology student" - The mother's fear was the first thing I could point out in the post, which I wanted to address.
    I also wanted to add this, I would accept gays and lesbian just as any other Human being but not accept gay/ leabian culture, i.e. If my freind is a lesbian, I'm still going to be her friend but not at any part of my life will I want even my kids to be that way.

Mam, I'm still a student.... hope u will understand that I will learn n grow !!!....my ideas n opinions may change (though I dont think this opinion of mine would change....)
    Thanks for bombarding me with ur immediately reply.... now I have really learnt how I should be clear and use proper words in posting messages.

4. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

There seems to be a parallel discussion regarding the validity of homosexuality - whether gays/lesbians are natural or not.

In my opinion, there are 2 groups : people born with homosexual characteristics, and people who are born heterosexual, but profess such tendencies for publicity, thrill etc.

As far as Mother Nature is concerned, the ideal scenario would be for humans to have only two genders - totally male and totally female. But Nature is fallible, and the perfect gender isolation doesn't always occur.

I feel the homosexuals who are born that way should not be ostracized or condemned, because they cannot control their bodies. It is to these people that we must open our society, and allow them to integrate with us.

At the same time, we can't determine without extensive medical checking, who exactly is born homosexual and who is not. Nor can we demand that every human being submit to such a test. So we have to go by what people characterize themselves as.

In such a situation, we can't prevent people who want to experiment or try this lifestyle for publicity from joining the gay bastion. As the numbers grow and they start demanding rights, we have no choice but to hear out their demands, and see how those fit in with our values and laws.

5. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

anyone that knows a little about hinduism will know that Hindu philosophy is not one of those. FYI Homosexuality and Hinduism - ReligionFacts.

If all these questions about sexual preferences, impotency, etc etc were posed to god: I am sure he would say "my best creation was --- DNA , it cuts my job of selection, propagation etc etc, almost like running the life on autopilot ;)".
    Coming to OP's post:
    As you admitted, if you follow live and let live philosophy you would never get this thought. How does somebodies bed room business bother you? hypocrites are we?
    drjp

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I guess the judge who passed the rule for homo marrriages must have been really tired of listening to MIL & DIL fights :rotfl.... & corresponding sufferings.

7. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

there is fire around here!! all the heated arguments - scientific explanations, legal possibilities, psychological impacts - ladies, hats off!!

custard, your last message was so cute! what an open mind and heart!

and to the topic, I have a homosexual friend. Yes. But the person, kind of, belongs to the previous generation, and with all the taboos connected to homosexuality the person never came out of the closet, married a woman, had a child and has illicit affairs with his man-friend.

this is definitely not a very rewarding way of life, the wife always suspects him, but with a another woman in mind, is the irony here. Sometimes I ask him what is wrong with putting it out to everyone, he says only one word - SOCIETY.

When I lived abroad, I had a gay couple staying in our apartment building. They were spoken to like anyone else, invited to parties like everyone, and more importantly, their parents visited them for the holidays just like others' parents did.

I tend to compare the life of a homosexual in India and in the West, and I only feel bad that my society has let down a part of it. If only we are a little open minded, they too can happily live as families.

Stop being hypocrites and moral polices. Everybody got a dirty laundry. There is no PERFECT PERSON anywhere! Accept that and you will be surprised how accomodating you will become!!

Come on, give it a try...

P.S: If i had my child chose homosexuality, it would definitely be a impulsive shock, but I am SURE 100% that I will act humanely to him or her and do the least by giving them a nice family.

8. geetharao

geetharao Gold IL'ite

Hi !!!!

This is Geetha Rao. I am new to this forum.

Actually all these days I was going thro' the posts of some other forums, but this topic really attracted me.

I have also read the other posts for the same thread.

I agree with the post of Custard.

I am really surprised with this " Gay - Lesbian " concepts. These words are coming to light very recently. Where were they in earlier days ????

I think this is the result of our great passion towards the Western Culture.

This is nothing but our stupid thoughts taking life in the name of " Broad -Minded " ness. Getting attracted towards anything and everything is the nature of humans but it has to be directed towards the right path which means providing the right education. Unfortunately instead of repairing such thoughts we are provoking and getting adjusted to such type of idiotic thoughts.

I just can't understand why we are not opposing these things, just b'cos we have learnt " live and let live ", right??? But we have also learnt " like poles repels each other and unlike poles attract each other". Why we are not considering that??? Are we going against the law of nature????

People who thinks themselves as broad minded just think for a moment, if we allow these things to grow up how would be the future generation???? Your 7 year old son may come to you and say that he has 5 boyfriends instead of best friends!! Your daughter may come to you and say that she wants to date with her teacher instead of respecting her. One fine day the teens would be in a great confusion whether to call their parents as mom or dad or boyfriend or girlfriend!!!! Just b'cos they are getting attracted towards them and want to date with them.

Thanks and regards,

Geetha Rao

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Justagirl,

Actually I'm an accountant who is specializing in financial crimes and economic fraud.... so I have taken a lot of law classes. I don't know everything, but I do know when law is made, and when we are thinking of what rules to apply to society, we should not let our religion cloud our judgment and be the sole determinate for morality. Although the US was founded by people holding judeo-christian beliefs, the law system itself is not inherintly christian. Meaning just because something is said in the bible, doesn't mean it's a law. Also, I feel that we should all be able to look past our own lives and ways when thinking of what is right and wrong for others.... for example, I believe strip clubs where women get naked and dance should be legal. It is a form of commerce and a job for those women and people enjoy it. However, I do NOT like those places and would never be a customer nor an employee at those establishments. However, I don't let my own disgust for those places determine whether or not I think they should be allowed.

There is a quote:
    The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.

In this case I take that to mean, it's fine to be homophobic, if you can't help your fear and ignorance. But, your ignorance should stay in your home and involve only your life.... it shouldn't impede on other people's rights (i.e. just because you don't like gays, doesn't mean you should attempt to stop them from being in a relationship).

Actually I came back to this thread this morning and was pleasently surpised to see such open minded responses, the majority of which favored some type of equality for the gay community.

Contrary to homophobic belief, just because your child is gay, doesn't mean he will come home with 10 boyfriends when he is five years old. Just like a straight child, sexuality and the desire to date progresses the same way for gay kids.... when they reach early teenage years. That is usually when they first realize they are attracted to their own sex. Also GAY DOESNT EQUAL POLYGAMOUS. It is so sad to read a few people's bizarre thoughts on what being gay entails. And makes me wonder, where do they come up with this stuff?

As for bisexuality, what I have learned, and what I believe is, sexuality is not 'yes' or 'no', 'all' or 'nothing'. I believe it's on a fluid scale. Meaning I believe there are some people who are very straight naturally, others who are very gay and others in the middle... who usually have a preference for one sex but has the inherent capability to have feelings for a different sex than they're usually attracted to (bisexual).

Anyone who thinks gays are the exclusive product of the West must be living under house confinement in the village. Gays have been around as long as humans have. But up until now, it was NOT ACCEPTABLE in most places, so instead of saying "Hey, I'm gay", they concealed their identity and got married to an opposite sex spouse, had kids, and lived their life by pretending to be straight. Just because you force your kids to marry opposite sex, doesn't take the 'gayness' out of them. It's still there. It would be like if somebody forced me to have sex with a woman, sure it's physically possible, but I would have NO attraction towards her like I have for my husband. No matter what physical act we are forced to do, it doesn't change our sexuality.

And personally, I feel we need to stop emphasizing 'children' as the most important aspect of life. Let everyone decide for themselves what is most important. If it's career, fine. If it's world travel, fine. If it's pursuing education, fine. Why must every man and woman feel they MUST have kids? The world is full enough with couples wanting children, nobody is going to notice if a few stop having them. And if a gay couple wants to adopt.... let them! Next time anyone opposing gay adoption goes to India, take a look at the slums where poor children are living in sewers and young girls go into the sex trade. Now you tell me, would there life not be better in a stable, loving, and structured home headed by a gay couple? Gays are two adults who are attracted to other same sex adults... just because they are gay doesn't mean they will be pedophiles who prey on their own kids. Geez! In fact in my state Florida, all of the pervs I remember molesting kids have been straight men!

Like some other posters, I have had friends and neighbors who have been gay. My husband has hired numerous openly gay people to work for him and has no problem with it. Bottom line is, when you stop thinking about their sex life, you can start noticing all the ways they are JUST LIKE US.

As human beings, we are more alike than we are different. IT's US who put's up barriers and walls between each other, in the name of religion, politics, ethnic pride, homophobia, etc. What man created, man can destroy. Not too long ago in the US, middle of the last century, a man and woman of a different race were not allowed to marry. Looking back, that law seems crazy! I feel, 100 years in the future we will look back and feel the same way about laws banning gay unions. And I believe those supporting the rights of gays will find themselves on the right side of history.

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Not everybody is the same;even the attitudes are different from one another even between the siblings.
    Some people are born different.Some are hard core murderers without any particular reason from the background which they are born into and bred.
    Gays are a part of natural creation.It is just that their attitude towards the opposite sex is different from the rest of them.
    Why shouldn`t they be accepted legally?
    Isn`t it better than living a life of hypocrisy?
    There are lot of gay men and women still have a complete family but living a lie thereby causing lot of sorrow for their spous[es].
    We must learn to accept and let them live too with the choices they make.
    After all who are we to judge others likes and dislikes as long as they do not mean harm in any way?:cheers