Gay??......Disgusting to me!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sunny3, Jan 18, 2010.

1. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Of all the posts on topics of gays and about them..I agree with Asg! Asg, you rock! Your idea of live and let live, I fully endorse! Sad that very few people beleive in giving a breather to others around and especially to their children! I am glad that all your thoughts echo what I have in mind! You have a fan in me here!

2. nivedha

nivedha New IL'ite

Good discussion guys, happen to read the thread today.I know you guys want to wind up the discussion, but could'nt help myself from posting a reply.
    Society has norms, and everyone of us, conform to its norms, some way or the other, gays and lesbians are out of our social spectrum.Being a gay in today's society poses social and legal problems.Being treated as an outcast and denied some basic civil rights is not the right sitiuation we want our kids to be in.
    Sunny, you have echoed the fear and anguish of many parents,rightfully so, no problem there, but why did you have to call them perverts and disgusting.It is kind of sad because, they are nice people too.There was a discussion about what God and nature intended for man to do, how does one know that, did God come and proclaim or did nature make an announcement of any sorts.Everyone of us has a preconcieved notion, of how things should be, instead if we just saw the reality of things, this world would be a better place. We have to realize that culture, religion, marriage and all other customs we have today was created by man and lets not be bound by it.
    As for the question how would I react if my kid says, that he or she is gay,I would definietly be a bit shaken, I would accept them, but I will not spend my life worrying about whether they would become gay or not.I have only one dream for my kids, just follow their heart and live a happy life, ultimately being happy within that matters.
    Sunny I pray that your kids will be staright and be happy.Hey ASG, I loved your ideas,was impressed by your love story,long live your marriage.

3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I can take it with whole heart if its 100% due to nature. I am a radical nature lover so I will respect whatever it has to give.

If its for any other reason, its not very impressive.

4. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

I don't find anything disgusting with anyone's orientation. In fact, what is more disgusting to me is such a man marrying a girl due to pressure from family, un-acceptance of society and for fear of being judged as "disgusting".

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. praseenail

praseenail Junior IL'ite

I feel live and let live.

6. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  7. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I am sad to see that many thing that, being gay or lesbian is their choice. It's not a choice that once can decice and change when they need.

I am a crossdresser and it's difficult tform e toge at good friend who can can understand me. For gays/lesbian, it will be even worse for them.

Again, it's not anyone's choice to be that way.

8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@Sunny3:

Question: Did you 'CHOOSE' to be 'straight'?

I see this thread is old, I hope you have changed in some way atleast.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Is there a handbook of filled with nature's laws? :roll: If you have one, can I get a copy??

1 person likes this.
  10. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

BTW, its humans who defined the law of nature.. nature never had any law.

1 person likes this.