1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

gasy problem--breastfeeding--need remedies

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by sankasailaja, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hello sailaja/Pavithra, i used to drink herbal tea meant esp for breast-feeding mothers that has fennel, raspberry leaves (meant for uterus contraction for moms) etc., (i'm sorry i don't know the english names for all the herbs in german). Neither me nor my son had any gas problem. Also couple of massage techniques help... gently pressing the stomach from above navel and gliding your palm gently down all the while giving subtle pressure relieves the baby off gas. Also place your thumb just above the navel and give a clock-wise (just a half turn with your index finger) turn. then finally place both your palms one below the other on the baby's tummy and gently do a walking motion. you can use normal sweet almond oil but here in Germany we get even special oil for that:) I'm sure such products are also available in US and scandinavian countries. The German brand is called 'Weleda' and they have wide range of products for both pregnant women and new mothers. I can assure that their herbal products are safe to use. Also as Poorni says it is very very important to burp the baby after each feed. Even that wind can accumulate and cause discomfort. Hope my tips help! Latha

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Yes burping is what they told me at hospital.

Regarding this herbal tea, I have to go to the shop yet to buy such things.

3. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

congratulation for your new born baby.

to avoid gas problems :

* you must have pathiya food
    - don't add thor dhal (in tamil thuvaram paruppu) in cooking
    - take very little amount of tamarind.
    - your diet should be - morning any Kanchi (hope u understand), 2 slice bread or one bun like that. take plenty of water, buttermilk
    - afternoon rice with milagu kuzhambu or poricha kootu, rasam without tamarind you can take tomato 1 or 2 to make rasam, curd
    - night same rice with angaaya powder or little bit milagu kuzhambu and buttermilk rice (dont take curd in night)
    - if you got beetel take beetal twice a day after food with beetalnut

this pathiya samayal you should take atleast 6 months. if you follow this method definately your baby will free. Gas problem never enter.

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I give nutmeg to our 4 month old. I rub whole nutmeg in luke warm water on a piece of stone that I sterilized by boiling in the water. It helps. My mother got pal perungayam from kerala and I give that too.