Gardens & Parks of Delhi

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by shefalisingh, Feb 3, 2010.

1. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

I like going to the Entertainment City amusement park. Whenever I stay at my sister’s place at Noida, over a weekend, I try to spend a few hours here.

The E-City amusement park is India’s first international amusement park of its kind. This park, opened in January 2007, spreads over an area of 145 acres. The park has more than thirty rides, which have been made by premier European manufacturers.

The E-City amusement park has been designed with three separate entertainment zones. One is for kids, another is for teenagers and the third is for families. Each zone has its own set of rides, features and food courts, specifically designed to suit the target audience.

:thumbsup

2. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

I like going to theFun N Food Village. It is located on the Old Delhi – Gurgaon Highway. It is at a distance of three kilometers from the international airport.

This amusement park has a number of joy rides and a water park and it is popular among people of all ages.
    The atmosphere of the place is serene and tranquil and the lush greenery and the panoramic views make this place a wonderful retreat.

The Fun N Food Village was inaugurated in 1993 by Giani Zail Singh, the former President of India. This amusement park intends to promote the culture and traditional ethnicity of India.

:rotfl

3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Last 2 years back, we went to The <st1:placename w:st="on">Mughal</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Gardens</st1:placetype> .what a lovely garden&enjoyed a lot during winter season...

4. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

Hey,

I am so excited to find this post here!! We went to the Fun “N” Food Village last weekend and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I fell in love with the Flying Carpet, Aqua Pool and Mono Rail. They are simply awesome!!

We were three adults and our tickets cost Rs 450 each. We had two children with us. For the four-yr-old we had to pay Rs 300 and for the two-yr-old we did not have to pay anything (the charges being Rs 300 for children below 4.5 years and free for children upto 33 months). Adults have to pay Rs 400 on weekdays.
    :rotfl

5. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

The famous <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Deer Park</st1:City> near Safdarjang Enclave in <st1:place w:st="on">South Delhi</st1:place> is one of the many important parks maintained by the Delhi Development Authority or DDA. The park gets its name from the many Spotted Deer kept inside the main enclosure in the park. When I visited the Park recently, I found a couple of peacocks and rabbits too.
    The park is popular with the residents in the neighbourhood for its beautiful and well trimmed lawns with soft grass dotted with trees. There is a well laid out jogger’s path for joggers and walkers which is a few kilometers long. There is also a beautiful water body inside the park. There is a play area for the children with slides etc to keep them busy. If you are hungry, after all the roaming, there is a nice eatery nearby. All this makes the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Deer Park</st1:place></st1:City> an ideal picnic spot for the whole family.

6. shefalisingh

shefalisingh Senior IL'ite

Let me tell you about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Jahanpanah</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Forest</st1:placeType> – it isn’t really a park but rather a wooded area right in the middle of busy south <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. The <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Jahanpanah</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Forest</st1:placeType></st1:place> is where my husband goes for jogging and I go for my morning yoga classes. Yes, we are a motley group of ladies and we have a yoga instructor too. The early morning yoga is great to pep you up for the day ahead.
    The city forest has a 6.7 km running trail in the middle of the south <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. Its surrounded by colonies like DDA Flats Kalkaji, Alakhnanda, Chirag Delhi, Greater Kailash-2, Masjid Moth, and Tughlakabad Extension.
    Its a completely paved trail, and has markers every 200 meters. The main entrance of the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Jahanpanah</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Forest</st1:placeType></st1:place> park is opposite the Don Bosco school in Alakhnanda. There is a small parking lot too. There are smaller entrances all over like the one on the Savitri Cinema- Chirag Delhi road. The park also has benches at short distances throughout as well as playing areas for kids. The forest timings are 6 a.m. to about 7.30 p.m.

7. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Dear Madhuja and Amrita,

I too loved visiting the Fun ‘N’ Food Village. The rides here are suitable for varying age groups. My special attraction was the Wave Pool, which is the biggest wave pool in all the water parks around Delhi. The water park also has the largest indoor Snow Park which covers an area of 2500 sq.metre.

The Fun ‘N’ Food Village has 21 amusement rides, 22 water slides, a rain dance area and a water play area for kids. This is an awesome place to be during the summer weekends. Both adults and kids enjoy this getaway.

:thumbsup

8. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Central Park of Connaught Place</st1:address></st1:Street> in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> had long been one of the city’s landmarks. In the recent past, the <st1:place w:st="on">Central Park</st1:place> had been completely dug up to build the two storeyed Rajiv Chowk Metro station. A new look <st1:place w:st="on">Central Park</st1:place> has now been developed over ground and is the latest attraction of the area.
    One of the charming features of the park is the numerous water bodies, a water cascade and about 21 fountains. Proper lighting arrangements have been provided in and around the fountains and water cascade and as dusk descends the lights come on and the park gets a beauty all its own.
    Attention has been paid to the selection of trees and shrubs in the park so as to present an evergreen look throughout the year. I could identify Gulmohar, White champa, Royal palm, Ashoka. I missed the big trees with deep roots which were a feature of the old park.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010