Garbarakshambikai - Need more info

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by bharthi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,

I hear this name garbarakshambikai more with respect to fertility. Can some one provide more information on this?

Bharthi

2. damsel

damsel New IL'ite

hi,
    I think garbarakshambikai is a hindu goddess. it is believed that this goddess will help people to get a baby. the temple is at thirukarugavoor. actually i got this info from a tamil serial. so if the info is wrong,, plzzzzzzzzz don't blame me ..
    bye.

3. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Bharthi,

Sri Garbharakshambikai temple is situated in Thirukarugavur on the banks of the river Vettar, branch of the Sacred river Cauvery, in the Papanasam Taluk of Thanjavur District, at 20 kilometers east of Thanjavur Town and at 20 kilometers South west of Kumbakonam, state of Tamil Nadu, India.

For more information check out this link.
    Temple_Thirukkarugavur_New

regards,
    kodi.

4. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Bharathi
    Garbharaskshambika temple is stiuated in a small village Thirukarugavoor, which is 20 kms from Thanjavur. Couples with no childred or having problems in conceiving can visit this temple and do a pooja -- wash the Garbagraham's steps with ghee and put a kolam. after this the Archakar will give you a bottle of ghee which u have to consume during nights for 45 days. if u are pregnant, he will give u a oil and u have to apply it on yr stomach which will solve all yr problems during pregnancy and child birth. u have to bring the baby to Garbharakshamibka's temple and put it before her.

Thirukarukavoor is a very small village. u can stay at thanjavr and visit the temple.

Best wishes
    uma

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Bharahi,
    I and my hubby were taken to the Garbharakshambika temple by my hubby's uncle, who was issuless. We prayed their and completed the puja. We were given a small bottle of ghee, which was kept on the feet of the Devi while we did the puja. One has to add some more ghee at home and keep this in the pooja room or shelf. Both the husband and wife should tke a spoonful of this ghee in the morning as we do pooja or after bath for 40 days. I am very happy to say that I was blessed immediately.
    I went to the temple on 20 of Jan. in 1991 and in the middle of April, my tests were positive.
    But, tragedy stuck-I developed complications when I was pregnant in the 7th month. Labour pain started and I was feeling sad that I could not even get the oil from the temple to ensure a safe delivery. Wonder of wonders, the lady who was in the next bed overheard us and she presented me the oil from the temple - she had brought that for her daughter, who delivered a healthy female baby. I was so releaved and thanked the Goddess.
    Even though my son had much problems, he is doing well now. I attribute this to the blessing of the Thayar, SHE not only blesses with a child but protects it also.
    I also fulfilled my prayers and tok my baby to the temple at the first instance and we all thanked the Goddess.

lotuskirtana and Nutansha like this.
  6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

I live in US, and i am trying to conceive. How can i get the prasadam from the temple. As given by surya, i could go into that site, but there how to order for ghee prasadam, they have told to click a link for order, i did, but i dont see any details reg that.

pls help

thanks

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai sanravi,
    pl try clicking at the last of the page, just above delivery of prasadam. It opens to a window where you could order and it will be sent to you. Try it.

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

dear all,
    iam also eagerly awating for a child.:cry:
    i just want to know 1 thing from u all,while sending some medicines from india to UK,the courier company asked too much of questions abt the parcel,becoz it contains medicines,what iam asking is if i paid the Garbharakshambikai temple how they'll send me the medicines with out probs,my worry is can i get the medicine here.
    i heard abt the greatness abt the thayar(goddess),v thought of going to the temple
    once v gone back to india. but after reading this post,i want to do this immedialtely..
    so anyone pls give me the details,did anybody got the medicines from the temple ???:confused:
    thanx to surya for the site.
    iam eagerly awaiting for ur replies.
    thanx in advance.:)
    bye,
    vivbass.

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear varloo

I could see the page as per ur suggestions.

thanks

10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viv,
    You can send the money by demand draft to the temple, within one month
    they will send the medicine (neatly packed small parcel) through Indian Postal Service. Courier services are not advisable. Because I lost some parcels from India which were sent by couriers.