1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Garbage Issues - Feel Disgusted

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by star90new, Jul 23, 2018.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies

I want some advice. I dont know where to post this. In my building garbage room is almost always dirty. People keep their trash bags inside the garbage room and dont deposit it inside the garbage chute. I feel very uncomfortable to use garbage room. Have complained several times, have to adjust till we move out.

I have this habit of changing clothes and taking bath after going to throw away my trash. What all do you do once you reach back to your flat? Do you all take bath or just wash hands? How can I skip throwing away garbage daily? I hate using garbage room.

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

This is why I miss your threads, who could have thought of such a refreshing topic :D Whatever keeps you busy and distracted is fine :thumbup:

Pardon my ignorance but Why do you have to dispose daily? I use a disposable polythene garbage bag inside our dustbin all week and dispose once a week. I wash my hands with dettol hand wash and that's it. My morning routine would have been long done by then so no bathing again. Where you stay is there any rule to dispose daily or is it your personal preference?

3. Vaidekikrishnan

Vaidekikrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    It's a small suggestion. First segregate the waste into two as wet, dry & rejects. Nowadays its mandatory I guess.
    You can use the wet waste like the peeled veggies, tea.pwder, etc as fertilizer for the plants. To avoid insects you just have to dig the top layer of sand and mix these inside the pot or you can just spray a bit of bio insecticides like turmeric water etc....
    Rest is the dry waste which you can dispose alternate days or once in 3 days. But if you have rejects (napkins, pesticide bottles etc) dispose then and there on that day.
    Dispose the waste early morning before you take bath... Through this the hygiene issue can be avoided there.

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

When the trash bag is filled I keep out. Trash service people will come and collect it. We need to pay for this service though . You can check if your apartments has such service .

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Before having bath you can throw the trash and then take bath which saves you from multiple times of having bath when you are busy !

6. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Okay .. Daily disposing because I somehow have a lot of waste to throw away and I feel it

Okay .. Is it fine to keep food waste for more than a day? I have a cover bin but I am afraid that it might attract cockroaches.

7. Vaidekikrishnan

Hi,
    Food wastes are not advisable as far as I know... and moreover at my place we dont get that much of food waste as we are vegetarian and we don't keep cooked food in refrigerator too. I guess it stinks.... So you can dispose it in the morning before bath.

Lalithambigai likes this.
  8. Stardust1990

Stardust1990 Senior IL'ite

Making someone else do it for you

9. Vaidekikrishnan

I am sorry I didn't get your point

shravs3 and Lalithambigai like this.