garbage disposer not working - need plumber

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by Radhica, May 21, 2013.

1. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi

I have a garbage disposer in my kitchen. It is grinder/mixer kind of machine which grinds all debris into minuscle particle before being sent to drainage pipe. It was a gr8 help to me as carrot piece, coriander leaves etc wont get stuck in the sink. Now this machine is not working and because of this my drain is getting clogged every day. :drowningEvery time we have to clean it manully to remove all stuck debris. I would like to get it repaired but I am not able to find any mechanic/service center in Bangalore. Can someone help me in this.

P.S. - Ours is a rented house and owner stays in US. The caretaker lost the contact number of the place from where they got it.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Re: garbage disposer not working

Radhica,

if you feel under the bottom of the disposer, you will find a reset button. Reset that and see. many a time that works. Also if you know the model, you should be able to see the manual using google and try to fix. The company website may also give you authorised dealers!

It is painful having the disposal not work. Hope you find a solution.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

When this happened for me, my husband fixed it. The unit usually comes with a tool - I dont the name of this tool but will look like a spanner (I think) anyway we can open the unit bottom with this tool and cleanup.
    Any one who works with tools can figure out how to open the bottom to clean and put it back. Its relatively easy to do.
    Till such time you can keep a small cup like strainer in the sink to catch all the debris. This way you can avoid having your drain clogged up.

4. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Srama and Anandchitra for your inputs...

The problem is I dont have the manual and I cant see the name of the company also. The unit is looking as a dirty yellow/white color( i m seeing it like this since I came to stay here). As I have no info abt this, I feel so helpless. Nobody in my neighbourhood have this, so they also cant help me. I tried your suggestion of putting a straineer in the sink to catch debris but sometime my maid does not follow it, so result is clogged drain. I am still looking for someone to fix it.

5. Preethi2517

Preethi2517 Senior IL'ite

Please call Blue Impulse at 8105252667 and they will send across a plumber to help you..