Ganesha Utsav In Dsb Pandal In Vadala

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by kanaka Raghavan, Sep 24, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

There was programme on NDTV yesterday on Ganesha festival in Vadala.Most of you would have seen it.It seems it is conducted by Sarswats.This pooja was started several years back and it is still continuing.It seems Lokmanya Tilak started this festivity to bring oneness among Indians during freedom struggle.DSB conducts it on a grand scale for 5 days.Nearly one lakh people visit it on the last day.Poojas and homams are conducted right through the day.Tokens are issued and people move about in queues.People from all walks of life come here ,it seems.There are volunteers are from all over the world.Food fit for the good is served thrice a day on all five days.There are seva tickets like in Thripati.Thulabaram is performed and coconuts form the offering.On the last day after final pooja,Lord Ganesha is immersed in water.The festivity looked great.It seems anyone who wears the scared thread is allowed to perform homams.The officials kept on saying we look forward to people who are sincere in devotion,caste and creed doesn't matter.By chance did any one of our Mumbai friends see this?Can they share their experiences?I t really really had the true Ganeshe fervour.Ganpati Bappa Mooriya............

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kanaka,

It is GSB pandal and not DSB. My mom grew up very close to the place where the GSB pandal is put out. But I do not know anything much.

Regards!