1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ganesh Temple, Nashville...info needed...

Discussion in 'Indians in Nashville' started by shrutidunwoody, Jun 23, 2011.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hello, myself shruti and i am planning to visit the ganesh temple in nashville. Since we are driving from ATL, we are probably going to stay for a night at a nearby hotel. I wanted to know which are the good indian restaurants around the temple area...Also, is there any other attraction or place of interest nearby which we can cover the next day prior to driving back to ATL? Any guidance in this matter wud be highly appreciated..Thanks Ladies..

2. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Hi Shruti

There are only a very few Indian restaurants in Nashville. One is Woodlands, south indian vegetarian which is quite good. Bomabay palace and Sitar restaurant are quite the same in taste atleast to me. Tamarind Indian bistro is also good. If you are not very particular about eating in a restaurant ambience, I would suggest Swagruha Indian cuisine. It is among several other different types of cuisines inside a huge complex. The taste is simply amazing over here. All the places I have mentioned are relatively close by and you can find their addresses by typing the name along with Nashville, TN in google maps.

There is ruby falls on your way. Heard it is very nice though I have not been to that place. Seems like it is an underground waterfall. There is Jack Daniel distillery, if you would want to hop in and see the process.

Hope you plan great and have a safe and enjoyable drive