1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gandhigiri Effect

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cheer, Oct 5, 2006.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

After watching movie "Munna bhai lage raho" it effects lots of people, many people following Ghandhigiri. What do u think???

Plz give <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> view "what do u think will Gandhigiri is great idea to change today's atmosphere"?. Lets discuss

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Cheer,
    thanks for thinking on these lines.....
    I guess first we need to identify what is this Gandhigiri effect....it was highlighted very well in the movie. But in reality, will anyone have the patience ? B ut i do feel that many of theyounger generation also who are not happy with our system, will be motivated to start thinking on these Gandhigiri lines. And in the long run only this can stand upto the Goondagiri, which is ruling the society now!
    But the greatness og Gandhism must be revived and slowly injected in the society , to ensure that the our society will lead the whole world towards World Peace!
    So lets all start finding ways to inculcate this Efeect in our own lives and around us..
    ..what do u all say ILites?!......:idea:

3. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Wine Shop Owner Bows To Gandhigiri

RAJAT RAI,
    JOURNALIST,
    The Indian Express,

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>LUCKNOW</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>, NOVEMBER 8
    <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

FOR the handful of Lucknowites who pioneered `Gandhigiri’ in real life, Wednesday witnessed some eminent persons of the social and religious circle seconding their thoughts.
    `` Kabhi – Kabhi Masjidein bhi gumraah kar sakti hain aur kabhi-kabhi filmein bhi sahi rastaa dikhlati hain (Sometimes the Masjids can also mis-lead people and sometimes films also show the right path)’’, said Maulana Kalbe Sadiq, vice president, All India Muslim Personal Law Board, while attending a social gathering organized by Adi Shakti Divine Society (ASDS).
    The society, formed by the residents of Rana Pratap Marg, is the banner under which the residents started Gandhigiri to protest a wine shop running in a residential area for long. Interestingly, the shop was opened rigth in front of a <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Temple</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> and according to the owner of the shop, Gurnam Singh, he also has a stay against the closure of the shop. Started around the mid-week of November, Gandhigiri landed a dozen of youths in the Hazratganj police station when, after peacefully distributing flowers to the passerbys, approached Gurnam Singh in his shop to present him flowers. While distributing the flowers, people also requested everyone to support them in their noble cause of getting the shop removed. Gandhigiri spread like wildfire since then and people throughout <ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN><ST1:pLACE>India</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN> took to this unique concept of showing their protest.
    Wednesday’s gathering, organised on the Maharana Pratap Marg, just between the <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Temple</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> and the Wine Shop, witnessed some other Muslim clericks taking part and seconding Sadiq’s thoughts. Be it Kalbe sadiq, Maulana Syed Shah Fazal-e-Rehman Vaizi Nadwi, Shahi Imam, Tile waali Masjid, his son Topan Das Amarnani and Shiraz Ahmed, everyone also made it a point to visit the Temple also wisely after removing their shoes.
    ``Every society and religion has good and bad elements but I love my country and would always be a part of any such activity positively affecting any section of the society. A wine shop in front of a <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Temple</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> is similar to a hinderance in the path of a muslim going to offer his namaz. I respect the Hindu religion and I have noticed it a thousands of time that if you greet a Hindu with a smile you will always find him smiling every time he confronts you’’, said Sadiq.
    And the floral welcome extended to the special guests also touched their hearts and Kalbe Sadiq didn’t even mind the youths’ replacing his cap with a Gandhi cap. ``It has been over eight years since an Iraqi religious teacher is pressing me to replace my cap with the traditional Ulema Pagri but I resisted till now saying that I will never change my cap. But when these youngesters replced my cap today without my permission, I didn’t felt bad and thought that it was only due to their feeling of belongingness that they did it with authority’’, said an overwhelmed Sadiq. He also informed that Gurnam Singh approached his in the morning and has promised to remove the shop at the earliest.
    Other clerics also seconded Sadiq’s thoughts and assured that they will always be available to be a part of any social act related with the members of the society no matter to what religion they belong.

5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx selvi for forwarding us, that was really a good example.

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

UN all praise for Lage Raho Munnabhai

UNITED NATIONS: Bollywood blockbuste Lage Raho Munnabhai which resurrected Mahatma Gandhi's ideals through Gandhigiri , has become the first full length Indian movie to be shown in the United Nations auditorium and has won praise from diplomats, staff and journalists alike.

The Sanjay Dutt starrer, produced by Vinod Chopra and directed by Rajkumar Hirani, was shown last evening as a part centennial observation of the first Satyagraha launched by Mahatma Gandhi.

Besides providing fun, the 145-minute blockbuster has renewed interest in the philosophy of Gandhi at a time when it is needed most in the conflict ridden world.

<!--google_ad_region_end=article-->