1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gandhi My Father -shreesundaram

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Shreesundaram, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Hi illites,

Recently i watched this hindi movie.

Really wonderful and heart touching movie. This story is about the son of Gandhi Father of our Nation, named Harilal. This story is explaining the difficulties of a very famous man's son. After watching this movie i came out the theatre with two questions. The Barrister father Refused to educated his children eventhough they are interested in studies.

My first question is "Why he did this to his children?":shock:

Gandhji's eldest son Harilal wanted to be a Barrister like his father. But Gandhiji was not allowing or helping his son to do that. But encouraging other children.Harilal was upset and he fell in to some of his father's trap and spoiled his total life and also spoiling Gandhiji's name fame.Because of him Gandhiji and Kasturiba were lost their peace of mind until their deadth.

My second question is "Why God , the Almighty did this to that great couple?:?

The picturisation is good.:clap Actors are very good. :thumbsup

Everyone should watch this movie.

Everyone came out from the theatre with heavy hearted only.

regards

SHREESUNDARAM:-(

2. ramyaganesh

ramyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Shreesundaram,

I too had the same first question when i saw the movie.. why he not supported his own son.. If he supported atleast 1 % harilal might have completed his studies and we might be having one more great person, but because of his father, he became a unknown person til anyone watches this movie..

I liked akshay alot in this character.. even after watching that movie for todays i am just remembering some of the scenes, which shown how harilal sufferred because of his father..

Regards
    Ramyaganesh

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

A very basic question. i always say gandhi was the father of the whole nation.but was he a good father..ask his son...if only he had not been so rigid in his principles..maybe he would have given harilal the chance he needed.

but the other side of the coin, when you are the son of such a great person, you are always under pressure to meet a certain yardstick.....

A good movie:clap

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

A very basic question. i always say gandhi was the father of the whole nation.but was he a good father..ask his son...if only he had not been so rigid in his principles..maybe he would have given harilal the chance he needed.

but the other side of the coin, when you are the son of such a great person, you are always under pressure to meet a certain yardstick.....

A good movie:clap