1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV' started by Rakhii, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

i wanted to know more about Daeneris. I feel like I am missing a link as to why she is entitled to the throne. They keep talking about how her father was driven away. Who was he?

I love Jon though. He is a braveheart.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Daenerys father was the mad King. He married his sister and tortured her by burning her. He was, to begin with a cruel person and to top it -the prophecy had told that he would be the last ruling King. His son Rehagar would be killed. After this prophecy- the king literally was over the roof paranoid and invented the wild fire ( kerosene) with kerosene mad King assumed he would be unbeatable.
    The mad king himself had 3 children Rhaegar, Viserys, Daenerys ( she was just born when Targaryen lost everything). Daenerys has all the magical power that is expected for a Targaryen to have- she brought back dragons, she can tolerate any amount of heat/ fire. That is the reason she is the one who has to be on the Iron throne.

With everything going in way- Rhaegar didn't have a sister to get married to... So they had to seek a woman outside of the family. That was Elia from Dorne. Rhaegar and Elia has 2 children who are believed to have died during the war.

But the real story starts with Tourney of Harrenhal.

Which brings Robert Baratheon to the Iron Throne and we have watched how things unfold- Robert ... Robert/ Cersei marrying and the whole saga is in the current. But the past has some juicy stuff... some secrets some

Hope I haven't revealed too much.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Rakhii and Sparkle like this.
  3. blindpup10

I should say they did in the book--- So... I am kinda having a bit of hopes for the next season. That a Stark will show up.
    Hope

4. Rakhii

I lost you there...why did Rhaegar and Daenarys didnt get married (like their parents)? They were siblings right? I understand the prophesy that Rhaegar will be killed but it seemed like Daenarys herself didnt know she was the one true queen of the Iron Throne until her husband (Khal) set Rhaegar on fire...right?
    what am i missing?

I probably should get hold of the book.

5. blindpup10

Rhaegar was 12-20 years older to Daenarys... By the time Rhargar was marriageable age Daenarys wasn't born yet.
    Khal set Viseryas on fire the second son of the mad King. The first son is already died..
    We haven't seen Rhaegar on the show yet.
    Viseryas didn't get married to Daenarys coz they didn't have money/ army or anything ( they were living like beggars)to hold on to- with a marriage proposal to khal- Viseryas and Daenarys will get an army to maybe one day take over Westeros.

6. Rakhii

ah. Got it. I missed that point. In the show he looked so young. It mislead me.

7. Rakhii

I like Dwarf too. I think he is really witty, has great sense of humor and and and...more than once the thought crossed my mind that he must be really good in bed. lol

maggi32 and blindpup10 like this.
  8. blindpup10

You are getting confused Rehegar to Viseryas.
    Viseryas on the show is a younger brother of Rehegar.

You should read the book- it will blow your socks off

9. blindpup10

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

10. Rakhii

I really should read the book. Now next doubt is why Viseryas (who is also eventually killed) didnt marry Daenarys.

wait wait...is it because by the marriageable age, they lost the kingdom and needed Khal's help in getting it back? And Khal will help only when he married to Daeneis. Am I on right track?

Sparkle and blindpup10 like this.