1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Gallbladder operation and my baby is 2mnths old

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by tanu khurana, Mar 26, 2009.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

After 40 days of my delivery,i stard having pain in lower part of chest..my gynec told me go fr ultrasound n igot to knw abt stones in my gallbladder and CBD aftr few teat n doc consultations doc ask me to get opratd immediately as iam having livr infection n jaundice and it is affecting my baby as iam BF mom...with plenty of tension i got operatd n as in gallstones case dey remov my gallbladder.........and ask me to avoid all oily food,ghee,butter n all....its been 10 days of my surgery...
    1. my digestiv system becum weak n i startd having gas prob. n my baby too hav dis.i consultd doc he ask me to tak med.. which i dnt want??fr hw many days i cn tak med nt for my whl lif?
    2. i heard aftr dis people put on weight.
    3. Doc told me aftr dis i may hav hernia prob. i didnt knw abt dis what is dis??
    4.What type of diet i shud hav?
    CAN ANY1 PLZ HELP ME OUT?????I VILL B GREATFUL.........as iam too depressed i dnt want my baby to get affectd by my low cal diet or gas.. he is so small n hav gas problms...........

2. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Tanu

Sorry for replying late, I saw your post just now. Even I had to remove my Gall Bladder due to Gall stones, I too developed this problem after my twin pregnancy. i had this surgery in December 2007 when my twins were just four months. They will ask you to be in low fat diet for a month or so since your body has to get adjusted, eat healthy. You can eat lot of fruits and vegetables which will help your baby to get the essential nutrients. If you feel that your milk supply is decreasing, there is no harm in giving formula to the baby.

There is a wrong notion that people will put on weight after this surgery.

Please avoid lifting heavy weights as it make the chances of getting hernia more.

Take only low fat diet since your body needs some time to work without gall bladder. I started taking regular diet after one and half month. I was perfectly fine after couple of months. Take care of your health and take care of your baby too...All the best.

Rgds
    Sulakshana