1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

gall bladder stones removal-anybody who know this

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by lekhas, Jan 19, 2010.

1. lekhas

lekhas New IL'ite

hi friends,

anybody who have treated gallbladder stones please help me . i am having multiple gall stones 4mm. .
    i am scared of removing gallbladder by surgery? what are the sideeffects.?

please give suggestions if you know about this

lekha

2. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Lekha

I had my Gall Bladder removed due to multiple mobile gall stones in Dec 2007 ( which was 3 months after i delivered my twin babies ) I do not have any side effects, I am on normal diet... though I watch what I eat.

I suppose there is no other treatment option available for gall stones but for removal of the entire bladder. I would advise you to have it removed if you are getting frequent pain ( under the right rib cage ) , as the mobile stones can move out of the bladder and cause bigger trouble.

I know getting rid of an organ is not that easy, but having an infected one is no good either. I was on low fat diet for the first one month after the surgery ( It is called Laproscopic Cholecystectomy ) ,then I started having regular food. Your body would take atleast one month to adjust to function without the gall bladder. Initially you might have nausea, fullness after food, dehydration after the surgery, but after a couple of weeks you will defintely feel better.

All the best and if you have more question feel free to ask. I know how you might be feeling.

Sulakshana

P.S. I had my surgey done only in Apollo Hospitals , Chennai, ( By Dr.Prem )

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. lekhas

lekhas New IL'ite

hi sulakshana,

your reply is so much relief to me. i was beating myself up thinking what i did wrong?

i am also consulting in appollo. how is the doctor? how long will surgery last ? do you have any digestion or any other problem after that?

please reply if you have time as i have no idea about this

lekha

4. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Lekha

Sorry for the late reply as I could not access computers for nearly a week. Dr.Prem was so good in Apollo Hospitals, the surgery lasted for less than an hour, I did not have any problems after the surgery. There will be some pain in the incisions areas and inside for 4-5 days, that is normal. Also you would feel full even after a small meal. As I already mentioned , it is better to be on low-fat diet for the first month after surgery as your body would take sometime to function without the gall bladder. Also you should not do any heavy weight lifting after the surgery as the chances of getting hernia is more if you do lift weights.

All the best and feel free to ask any more questions if you have in ur mind about the surgery. Get well soon.

Sulakshana

5. lekhas

lekhas New IL'ite

hi sulakshana,

thank you for giving detailed reply.

Right now i have postponed the surgery to mentally prepare and go back to do it. doctor said if you get pain come immediately.
    now i am on a low fat diet .

lekha

6. nekha123

nekha123 New IL'ite

hi Karishma, my mom, 61yrs with several other medical complications is suffering from Gall stones. I tried to get appointment in RG Stones, but doc is unavailable till monday. What about you? have you done surgery in RG stones? would you let me know something about it, thanks!

7. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Nekha,
    Gall blader stones is common issue now a days. laproscopic surgery can remove easily and can walk from hospital after 2-3 days. its normal procedure. Its internal surgery and my father had gone through few years back in mallya hospital in Bangalore.

Thanks

8. nekha123

nekha123 New IL'ite

hi vemala, thanks for replying. Well, the problem is, mom's already having a lot of other problems as obesity, artheritis, joint probs, etc., and done several surgeries i.e., uterus removal, costmetic, surgery, +6 other(minor n major) etc., so she is worried and frustrated. I'm afraid she may become even more weaker post surgery. Also found somewhere that 1 litre of apple juice every day for 3 days and then epsum salt, grape fruits will flush out the stones normally in loo. Any idea?

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

such a info is being circulated in the web. Don't know how true it is. do check that in net itself. there are websites who does reasearch about it. But how reliable they are? difficult to answer