Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Srama,

I hope to get back soon.

@Mistt,

He is still not feeling too good. He has hyperthyroidism and his calcium level is high. He also has a nerve system problem and unable to move his s right elbow. We are all praying for his recovery. It is heartbreaking to watch him in pain. He lost his voice. :(

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Orion and your family have been in my thoughts, Viswa. Thank you for popping in to update. I will be praying for his recovery too. Take care.

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Oh!:( Viswa Sir, somehow i feel the pain of you all are going through. I pray for Orion's recovery and hope he will be fine soon.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Hi Viswa Sir, how is Orion doing? Did he get back his voice? Hope he recovered now.

Rihana likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

@Mistt,

He is doing a lot better now. Eating, drinking and sleeping well without pain. But, his health conditions that we couldn’t cure bothers us a lot. All we can do is to pray and shower a lot of love.

Kohvachn, Anusha2917, NOW and 3 others like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Viswa Sir, Felt nice to know that Orion is doing better. He will recover soon with all your love and care. Orion is in my prayers too.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

I am here to give an update on Orion, my pet.

The last 3-4 weeks are really troublesome for us with our sweetheart Orion having multiple health issues including unable to walk or eat or drink. He was diagnosed with Mitral Valve issue 4 months back and was on medication for the past 4 months as there are no treatments other than controlling the disease. It looks like his disease progressed further and the Cardiologist asked us to double his medicine dose. Simultaneously his right elbow was not functional and the doctors suspected a disc issue. He also had high calcium in his blood and finally the doctors diagnosed that he is suffering from Hypo Parathyrodism. He was given drips from time to time to reduce his calcium level throughout the week (three weeks back). He went to multiple hospitals and we though we were going to lose him. Finally, we consulted a Neurologist who shocked us by saying that his heart condition will not help him to go through Anasthesia as he is a high risk patient. Therefore, technically he said that we can't treat him and should think about ethunazing him.

However, all your thoughts and prayers helped him. He is on multiple medications for heart condition, Hypo Parathyroidism and Disc issues. For a week, he is now back to normal and there is no symptom of disc issue and he is able to freely use his right front elbow easily. For almost 15 days, he didn't take any drips but his calcium level appears to be managing itself. We increased his heart medication and he appears to be not gasping for breath anymore. We are showering a lot of love to him including high level of pampering. I take this opportunity to personally thank each and everyone of you who inquired about him and prayed for him.

Even now he is on many drugs including an Opioid medication. We are constantly praying for him. Visibly, he is back to normal but not sure how things would change in future. We are taking one day at a time for now .

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Viswa sir, thank you for sharing updates of Orion. Trust me, prayers give miracles. This month I have been faceing many issues but god is removing all issues one by one. So, don't worry about Orion and he will be fine. Please continue prayers ( he is / will in my prayers) and shower love/pamper him.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gauri. You are like a Virtual Guru for me. I keep learning alot of stuff. I'm thinking of start a journal, to note down my to do list and what you have mentioned highs and lows etc.
    Would you have a recommendation for a journal for 2022?
    Not an app. I love to write it down in a dairy. Something which is available in India.
    Or using a normal dairy would do?

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Anusha2917 I use a technique called Bullet Journaling. It can be done using any kind of diary but a blank one without pre-printed days and dates is ideal. You can find a quick introduction to the method in this video - Bullet Journal Basics. To learn more browse through the website to see examples of how people set up their journals. There is a book on the method but you don't need to read it unless you really want to - Bullet Journal Method

The core idea is to use short, to-the-point notes to jot down important to-dos, and essentially anything that you would like to remember. This could be books to read, recipes to cook, bills to pay, workouts, meditation, even thoughts and anxieties. Most people stop journaling because they write pages and pages of text which is time consuming and disorganized. Bullet journaling simplifies it by requiring you to use short, rapid note-taking. For example, my entries for today look like this:

01.01.SAT (This is my dating scheme - Month.Date.Day)
    • Hike @7:00a
    • Thank R&S for NYE party
    • Call P, S, V
    • Yoga With Adriene Day 0
    • Family Zoom @9:30p
    - Fabulous evening with (name) group @R's place. Many rounds of Taboo & charades. Kids had a blast.
    - Finished Leviathan Falls. Loved the ending. Will miss my favorite escape. 4.5/5, Started Klara and the Sun.
    - Arun flew to India. Dad not well. Will call to check up in 2 days.
    - 2022 mantra: "Make routines not resolutions"

Dots for to-dos and dashes for notes. When a to-do is complete you put a cross on the dot. I spend no more than 10-15 minutes updating the journal at night. If something comes up during the day that needs to be logged I do it as soon as possible. After filling out the journal I add reminders for important appointments to my phone calendar. Sometimes when something significant happens or I am in one those moods my notes are a little more detailed. I resist the temptation to write long passages. That's it. That's my system. There are a few more things like migrating incomplete tasks and periodic reviews that you can pick up from the website.

Things you need -
    1. Pen
    2. A journal - I use this kind with dotted pages (Leuchtturm). Plain and ruled pages also work fine.
    3. 10 minutes a day

Things you absolutely do not need -
    1. To buy the app
    2. To read the book
    3. To join the community
    4. Fancy pens and art supplies

If you google bullet journaling, you will find all sorts of intimidating and intricate systems, but you don't need any of it. I have been doing this for a few years and simplicity works best.

Kohvachn, Anusha2917 and Srama like this.