Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

:clap2::clap2: Will look forward to your posts Anisu. :beer-toast1:

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Wow Rajinigandha!:hearteyes: Very Beautiful. Imagining the pleasent rajinigandha flowers and their fragrance making me tranquil.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

I'm not surprised given all my bulb moments and you patiently explainnnnning... :lol: :facepalm: Lol. Sweet kids. Kudos to you. :beer-toast1:

Gauri03 likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If a post brings you out of hibernation it is worth the effort. : ) Thanks a bunch for nominating.

You are a teachable student you know...the best kind. So I always appreciate your questions. :beer-toast1:

Kohvachn likes this.
  5. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Bears love to hibernate! :wink: Unless there is a need for food I suppose which technically is just pappu-mammu for me these days. I'm on a really weird diet like that. :expressionless:

That reminds me, have you watched this series - Raja Rasoi Aur Anya Kahaniyan? Available on Netflix. Enlightening and enjoyable to watch, about the history of Indian cuisines as elaborate as they can cover in that short episode durations. There is an episode on SI food and for once it's not about just Sambar and Idly-Dosas! So much to eat but all I got is this pappu-mammu! :sob::sleeping::sweatsmile: LoL.

Gauri03 likes this.
  6. Gauri03

How long will your dietary restrictions last?

I caught a couple of episodes of RRAAK on Indian version of food channel on my last India trip. I enjoyed them. Should check out the rest.

Recently I saw House of Secrets on Netflix. That was some weird stuff! :eek: I made the stupid stupid mistake of Googling something about the show and Google, ever obliging, put an unedited picture of the entire family
    hanging from the ceiling together with their faces visible
    right above the results. OMG!! I have never closed a tab faster in my life. It was spine chilling. :fearscream: Couldn't sleep for hours after that. Such a crazy story!

7. Gauri03

Congratulations Viswa!! :number_one: Your dedication is inspiring! My meditation practice has been lagging of late but this inspires me to get back on track. I will start logging from today. Thanks for setting an example for all of us!

Anusha2917 and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

I don't know, until I get better I suppose. TLDR... What you eat, how you eat, when you eat and if at all you'll eat... Everything counts! :relieved:
    I did a quick search, couldn't find that. Instead "Raja Rasoi Aur Andaaz Anokha" by Ranveer Brar came up. Is it the same as you watched? Sounds like a prequel/sequel of sorts to the one I mentioned. Even from the same channel too, I'm curious already. The channel has some of their productions* on Netflix now and then, maybe they'll park this series as well.
    (*One such is the "Dharmakshetra" -a post Mahabharata analysis in the Yama court - is available again now on Netflix. Will binge it sometime when I can. Would be my third re-watch, lol. One of my all-time fav series.)

Tragic fate. Where blind faith could get anyone. It was one shocking documentary indeed! The revealing was heartbreaking, brought out mixed emotions for me from anger to sadness. I appreciate that rawness, whatever awareness this event (and the series) may bring is much needed. I wouldn't dare Google it anyway as if the news and the series aren't enough to haunt you! :smash2:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  9. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

:sweatsmile::smile::tongueclosed: Lol. :blush:

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I can't explain in words how happy I am to learn from you that you started your spiritual journey so early in life. I couldn't have defined how transformation should happen inside as well as you did here.

The whole outter world we see is nothing but perception of how our mind is structured. All of the tools provided for the soul to reside including, 5 senses, 5 organs of perceptions, 5 organs of actions, 5 life breaths, 4 instruments combined together called mind including Manas, Buddhi, Chitta and Ahankara are all provided to faciliate right living by the soul. Life force is what sustains them. However, we do have impressions of our past actions embedded in it and our goal is to neutralize them by using those instruments effectively in order to feel the union with the soul.

Rihana and NOW like this.