Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3 Take care .Enjoy your DH cooking:blush:

Anusha2917, shravs3 and girvani like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It looks that you are experiencing the positive effect of your tripping on the tread mill and relishing the ankle pain with taste of yummy food from chef turned DH . The Swadh originating from food being cooked in kitchen by DH ENVELOPING YOU is a great healer!
    Get well soon.
    Thanks and Regards.

Anusha2917 and shravs3 like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

God
    I agree.

Anusha2917 and shravs3 like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @periamma and @Thyagarajan sir :blush:

5. Thyagarajan

Touch wood. Such a cooperative cameradiere combination seldom reported in this forum. May God bless all members of your family the very best . To read such a post itself is considered a huge positive to fellow IL'ites. I hope it is here in South India where we await rainssince long!
    Thanks and regards.

Anusha2917 and Giri12 like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Dear OP
    Many years gone by since you posted this thread of 100 days positivity . Many fellow IL 'sites might have had completed centenary of posting whatever they felt as their +vity here.
    As per laudable thread objective copied below
    ( laudable objective - Since the purpose of this exercise is to develop a positive outlook, I believe 'Personal Growth' is the right forum for this thread.
    If you want to join me, I'd love the company. Just start recording your own positive thoughts day by day, and we'll stop and take stock in 100 days.)
    I wish to know, whether any one took alteady stock of their 100 days of positivity posts, analysed and could come to any conclusion or that lead to propound a theory or two.
    Thanks and regards.
    God lends succour to analysts to discover connect

Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I had discussed my impressions of the 100 days exercise early on and I think there are a handful of other post '100 days' reflections on the thread. Too few data points to come up with any credible theories. : ) But there is a significant body of peer-reviewed research on the impact of gratitude journaling on wellness indices and life satisfaction scores. This article gives an accessible overview of some of the reported benefits -- If You Feel Thankful, Write It Down. It's Good For Your Health The few experiences recorded on the thread mostly echo the observations of those studies. Most members mentioned an improvement in mood and feeling a greater sense of calm. A commonly mentioned benefit has been an increased resilience to everyday ups and downs. While 100 days are sufficient for a short term happiness boost in most people, it isn't enough time to create, let alone observe, a lasting change in personality. For that one has to make a habit of the practice, ideally a life long one.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Hi! Thank you for detail reply. I agree it must be life long practice of thanking the lord every moment for bestowing one with experience in incidents events and engagements.
    Thanks and Regards.

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thanks for sharing such wonderful report. Great insight.
    Regards.

Gauri03 likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha! Honestly don't remember reading that post. :grin: It's not that I hadn't heard of Elizabeth Holmes. She was the toast of the valley. I knew their tech wasn't all it was hyped up to be but what I didn't expect is fraud on such a staggering scale and downright mafia-style intimidation tactics to keep the deception from being discovered. I'm not so sure about prison though. A young white woman with the right pedigree, now married to a billionaire hotel heir, I'd be surprised if she gets more than a slap on the wrist.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019