Futurology

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, kind of found.

2. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

I am waiting for debut of Butler "M" in Facebook. Or is it out there? I hardly use digital PA for anything save to inquire the weather —"Siri, what is the weather like tomorrow?"

Recently I realised these stylish bots can be utilised in six ways from sunday here

Wonder when IL integrates messenger platform in its User-generated content (UGC) ecosystem , would it resemble or incorporate some of the features of WeChat and Snapchat here

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Gauri03 likes this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We have an Amazon Echo. The most depressing question I ask every morning is "Alexa! How does my commute look today?" And she says,"Your current travel time is 47 minutes via US 101...." :neutral::neutral:

The rest of the time it is used a) as a timer for cooking tasks b) as a babysitter for my daughter.

Any time she whines, it's Alexa to the rescue! "Alexa, play 'The wheels on the bus' or 'Miss Molly had a Dolly'...." : )

My husband has plans to motorize our window blinds and connect them to the Echo over wi-fi. The 12 year old boy in him dreams that someday, when we have guests, he can say with a flourish, "Alexa, Deploy the Shields!" And the blinds will come down slowly...complete with dramatic music!! :smile::smile:

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

The 10-year-old in KV thinks he can reprogram robotic vacuum cleaners and teach them to pick up socks, errant stationery on the floor, stained coffee mug, and uplift their existence from scut workers to esteemed housekeepers. He even expects an excited Roomba to coyly open the door and greet him when he arrives home after work. He is so animated when he talks about these robotic minions. Few weeks ago, I was reading something and that metallic cleaner awakened to life and started to scuttle around whoosh. I called him up - "what the heck is that whirring flunkey doing on its own". He assured that it was scheduled and will quieten after the run. I told him to forewarn me of such flying and scurrying things at his home. Just imagine I was sitting there reading and this thing like a revived zombie creaks.

Main thoda weak types hum yet I survived such a startle from the iRobot. Warna I get scared watching horror films where lights glow on their own and cutlery drops on the floor.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Modji! Raising my hand! Doubt! :tonguewink:

8. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

vaidehi71 and kaniths like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Of course! Go ahead.

10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Recent IL discussions on house cleaning and Cim mentioning above, I wonder... Can robots exactly replicate human motor functions? I understand deep learning algorithms enable it to learn new task and perform, but how far it can achieve or perfect our hand motions? Can it screw a bottle cap like we do?

KashmirFlower likes this.