1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Another thing that confuses my son is how come he was in my stomach before he was born.To this day he thinks i ate him and then he came out again :)

2. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

here's another one from my childhood..

when i was about 8, we had common family friends called patels and bhavsars

mrs patel gave birth to a baby girl called shivani.

so we all three families had gathered together for some function, and i was very excited to see the newborn and gave my expert opninion on seeing her,loudly in front of everyone....

i said, mom, shivani( mrs patel's daughter) looks just like bhavsar uncle!!!!! lol!!!!

my mom went red and didn't know what to say!!!!

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Lolzz that one can be any parent's nightmare :)

4 people like this.
  4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Very Nice thread Dinny...

Here goes mine..

My DS is 4yrs old, right from infant..i tell him lots of stories especially while feeding food. But after he turned 2yrs old, i couldnt tell him imaginable stories..becoz he started asking lots lots questions..i sometimes name him as "question bank"...in between stories i tell him the benefits of vitamins, minerals of the food i am feeding...recently when we went to grocery shopping he showed me cheettos and tried to convince me that its not junk, there are many benefits like "good" fat, more calories huh!! i was like ok kanna only this time!!

thanks for wonderful thread...i will start from first page to read all cute talks...

Sravani

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sravani!!
    And yes kids can be just too good at convincing parents...remember a special study is being done by management people to learn how to convince like kids :)

6. Mumtotwo

Mumtotwo Silver IL'ite

Hi Dinny,

U really do come up with good threads!

When my DD was around 2 & 1/2 she saw her brother coming out of the shower and happened to see him without his towel and she points towards it and goes, "mamma, is my peepee broken???" in her own cute way...

We all had a good laugh for the next few days each time we remembered that incident!!

7. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

My daughter called my sister once. Said sister was amazed that the baby (she was only 8months old then) had managed to dial her number. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was set to speed dial and all the baby had to do was press 4...

Last month we went shopping and I bought her a rubber bath duck. At checkout, the cashier scanned the duck and I gave it back to the baby. She insisted on handing it to the cashier to be rung up again. She held it out to the man and when he didn't take it right away, she started waving it at him. He pretended to ring it and she was content with that.

4 people like this.
  8. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

My DS8 is not supposed to have too much processed food, as he gets allergic bronchitis, so the local pani puri wala is a strict strict NO NO!!! whereas I love it, but panipuri guy comes after 4 pm so my son is usually with me when I have pani puri, so I try to minimise!!

So, this friday evening, my DH called that he didnt have lunch, so the dabba will be for his dinner, so dont make anything for him!!!

I asked DS what you want for dinner, it is only for me and you!! He said bread, butter, nutella, cheese! Ok, weather is better, so cheese is ok, lets go out and buy it! So his dinner was in his hands, I had pani puri (without sharing!!!) -

and when coming back he said - Amma, havent you heard the story of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa!!

I said why he was a great saint, why do you mention him now??

He said - when he asked that boy to stop eating sweets, he first stopped eating the sweets himself!! You should practice what you preach!!! You cant tell me not to have panipuri while having it yourself!!

I just had to laugh out loudly !!!

9. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday ,my 2 and half year old son was standing on an Animal encyclopedia book.DH said,"No,dear.You should not stand on that .It is god.Touch it and keep the hands in your eyes asking sorry."

He did that very well with fear in his eyes.Then he said,"Naana,is this owl a god?"

10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Mumtotwo
    I must say i havenot got a better compliment :)