1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

Today my daughter sneezed and said my nose is vomitting.

2. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Such a cute thread this is. My DD is 2.3 yrs old. She was watering plants in pots. One of the pots had a big hole. So as soon as she watered the plant in the pot, the water came out of the hole and she started saying "mamma see the pant has done susu". LOL.

Another thing which I have seen in my DD is that she always notices where we keep things and if we forget then she helps us in finding things. Like I always have this habit of keeping my phone anywhere after a call. Sometimes it will be with clothes or in the kitchen near the mixer. After my DH leaves for office if I have to call him or someone then I start searching for my phone. As we do not have a landline or any other phone at home so I have a hard time searching for my phone. I tell DD that I cannot find my phone and she will start running here and there and will search all places where I normally keep my phone. 90% times its she who finds my phone. Love her for that.

6 people like this.
  3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Another shot from my DD (3 year old)....

Now a days, my DD get constipation frequently so I have asked her not to flush after potty so that I can check if she is having consitipation. One day my DH went washroom...and when he came out my DD went inside -

DD - Daddy, you did potty?
    DH - yes, why?
    DD - Then why you flushed , Mamma need to check if you did big or small potty like me..yakkkk

Another shot -

Now a days we are teaching her hindi..she understand hindi very well but can not speak except basic words..new sentences formed by DD -

1 - To play any of her youtube video in TV - Mamma can you 'lagaye' my video in TV
    2- When she want me to feed her food - Mamma can you please 'Khalaye' me..

There are many more sentences like this whhich now a days she use at home...

Another one -

One day my DH was asking something to DD and she didn't listen. My DH said - are you mad.. (just in mormal tone)

Next day while coming back from school -

Daddy I am marrying Quinn (her school friend)

DH - why ?

DD - because she is mad, she doesn't listen to me.

DH - what about Anthony..

DD - No..I am not marrying him..he is good and he always listen to me

Again next day -

DH - so are you marrying Quinn..
    DD - no...now she is not mad...she is listeining me

We are still not sure where she learnt 'Marry' word as we normally we speak in Hindi at home..use very less english words other than what we speak with DD

3 people like this.
  4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

laugh1smileyThats so hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

OHHH ladies...you just made my day...

ROFl would not be the right word,but thanks to your lil ones they just brightened up my day :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Sham19

Sham19 New IL'ite

My daughter looks for an opportunity to short cut her homework , eating or anything ..many times i advise her not to do short cut and that's a bad habit
    once i was riding on two wheeler and trying to short cut road to reach my point and she was annoyed and asked what are u doing mom and why are you going into small lanes and i just hold i am taking short cut and her response was" why are u going short cut and that's bad habit mummy"

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

The other day my 3 1/2 yr old DD said "mom i am so hungry".
    ME - ok wait i am making something for you.
    DD - Mom cook fast, time is very delicate.

I just laughed like hell. Don't know from where she got that.

one more is, recently we went to race gurram movie. my DD, as soon as she saw allu arjun on the screen, she said loudly "matallevvvvvv". everyone in the theatre burst into laughter.

"Maatallev...." is a famous dialouge of his from his previous movie.

2 people like this.
  8. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Here is what my 3 year old boy trick me. ok this is TV time. He watched 1 cartoon show and then I said ok you watched 1 show so you are all done. For that he said I have 2 eyes so I want to watch 2 shows laugh1smiley I cant stop laughing.

3 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

This happened when my girls were in nursery and Kg .WE both had our identity cards which we needed to show before entering restricted areas.The girls being very small didn't need it.One day while we were approaching the gate...my daughters got all excited saying ..we have cards too and we will show too.When we reached the gate they also flashed their self made identity cards with scribblings and hand drawn faces. The guards had a good laugh.

3 people like this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Oh thank you so much ladies for shring your lil ones experiences. It always gets me rolling on the floor. :lol: