1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Valentines day special:
    Me and my hubby decided to color code our dress when we went out for lunch on valentines day(friday is a holiday in this part of the world).I decided to wear a red top and hubby decided on his red T shirt.
    When we were done I saw my sunny was ready with his angry bird red pants and angry bird T-shirt.
    That day we looked like a red army :biggrin2:

so now that I am teaching my sunny hindi,he is getting a hang of gadha and ghadas.Latest blooper was "ta se tequlia"......I asked him who taught him tequila and he said his teacher did.Only later did I notice in his book that it was "ta se takiya".....and not tequila.
    one alphabet is enough to mess up my son's evolving hindi. :evil:

7 people like this.
  2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

LAst week when mom was here she was talking to DD and she was driving her toy car.She asked her where is papa? and she showed outside, meaning office. then she asks where is Papa's car again shows basement to tell it there.Then she asks where is momma's car? Soon she gets up from her car and shows that to my mom. Then she comes to me asks to sit and ride it.She didnt let me go till I rode it surrendersmiley

2 people like this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

My DD calls me akka :(
    she hears me call my mother, amma and whenever she goes to kitchen she keeps on calling amma, amma.........
    My sister had a baby girl recently and so i taught her that she is akka now.
    I dont know wat she understood, she calls me akka now.
    Last friday, she got up from sleep looked at DH and said " APPA " and then looked at me and said " AKKA"........

:hide:

4 people like this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

@vanivyas
    I am luving your signature :)

2 people like this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

oF COURSE, IT IS DEDICATED TO ALL THE BEATUIFUL SMILING LADIES AND WE ARE ONE OF THEM..........:wave

2 people like this.
  6. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

The other day, we were watching Iron man movie. Once when Iron man was eating doughnut, my 3 1/2 yrs old
    DD said : "Mummy, see Iron man is eating doughnut. He will get cough".
    Me: "It's ok, Iron man will never get cough"
    DD: "Will you get cough, if you have doughnut?"
    Me: Yes
    DD: Will daddy get cough, if he eats doughnut?
    Me: yes
    DD: Then I want to become iron man.....

I stopped watching the movie and ran to kiss her :)

3 people like this.
  7. sind

sind New IL'ite

oh lovely thread.had super laughing therapy.i have a five year old daughter ..she is very funny...one day my husband was talking to her about school..and just asked who is tallest in your class and her reply was "teacher".
    other day we were walking in a que to our flight ,and she was constantly runing out.i urged to come back fast,she became too angry and asked momy "why are u like this? dont you love me?" every one started to laugh.i seriously pity for her future husband.shakehead

8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Teacher was the wittiest answer I've ever heard. :rotfl :rotfl

3 people like this.
  9. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

my son 7yr old.talks sense always.one day when he was back home from his sch,he was saying amma i wanted to go to 2 toilet.but teacher didnt belive me.and she didnt allow me.i asked why.he was saying many children in his class tell lie and roam in the sch.nxt day i was saying , dont control pooty or susu.it is very bad for health.i said to him,tell teacher he wants to go to 2 toilet,even it was for susu.
    he immediately replied,amma u want me to tell lies.u say dont tell lies and now u want me to say lies to teacher.
    i was likesurrendersmiley.but had to say something.so i said it is not fully a lie.anyway he wants to go for susu.so everything toilet.:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  10. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

one more abt my son.this happend when he was 2 1/2yrs old.we dont talk in english at home.we were in muscat and he was just learning to speak in english.he meet my husband's friend,who is in the same bldg where we were staying.my son asked seriously,"uncle where is ur veed?".veedu means house in tamil.he tried to make it sound like english by saying veed for veedu :rotfl

yellowmango and Rakhii like this.