1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. farha1

farha1 Gold IL'ite

My dh was applying mehendi to his hair, so my 2 and half year DD asks, "Are u becoming young?"gigglingsmiley

6 people like this.
  2. farha1

farha1 Gold IL'ite

One more pearls of wisdom from my DD,

I was looking at her and wondering aloud, "How much u have grown.. U have become so big" To that she replies, "No, mamma, Abhi main choti hi hoon"(I am still small)..

4 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I had a weird experience recently...
    my son asked me "will you stay with me after I get married?"faintingsmiley....I almost fainted at his question...i have no idea why he asked me :confused2:.
    He just said "i asked you just like that"..

7 people like this.
  4. jigisha321

jigisha321 Gold IL'ite

My DD is 1 year old and can only sit,crawl and stand..She has this strange attraction towards the potato bag in the kitchen..One day she crawled as usual to the potato bag..took one potato out...and dropped it accidentally...the potato which was big and round, bounced up and rolled towards her...she was so scared that she crawled out of the kitchen at top speed followed by the potato..laughed a lot seeing the scene...From then on she avoids the potato bag :rotfl

9 people like this.
  5. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dinny..you may need to check you don't leave IL open in front of your son and he is not peeping into relationship forum gigglingsmiley. Though I don't have a kid myself, reading through this thread makes me feel they are so much ahead of us.

3 people like this.
  6. chillbreeze

This one is from my nephew who is about 1.2 year old and just started walking. When he visited India, two months back, he dropped a glass on floor by mistake and was fascinated by the noise it made. Then, he started taking anything he could reach and put it down n floor and listen to the variety of sounds.

After returning to US, where their house is fully carpeted, except for the kitchen, he tried to put things on floor and couldn't hear any sound due to carpet. Now he has found that he can make those noises again in kitchen and spends most of his time there by dropping things. Even if his parents are watching tv or doing something else, he stays in kitchen, dropping things. Two days back, my cousin and his wife slept and he took the IPad which was kept on a shelf by climbing on the couch, went to kitchen, dropped it on floor and came back and slept. This was funny for me, but not for my cousin.gigglingsmiley

8 people like this.
  7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

@chillbreeze that was cute...staying in the kitchen and dropping objects.

But I am so sure I dont leave IL open.I use IL on my mobile and tab only.
    God knows if children talk all this in their classthinkingsmiley...imagine grade 1 children talking relationships in the school faintingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  8. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

this thread is bringing loads of smile when I am dull and not ok.... thankyou alll

1 person likes this.
  9. chillbreeze

Yes..i too couldn't stop laughing at his antics. There are much more.

Oooh..that was meant as a joke Dinny..I was thinking your son is 3-4 years old.

And to think, I never thought about joint/nuclear family till talks of marriage proposals came. That's why I said they are so ahead of us. Wondering what's in store for me in future.

1 person likes this.
  10. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

my 3 year old son is fond of his white little teddy.my son has been going round with his teddy ever since he has turned 2..
    he often gets spoon and bowl, make the teddy rest on his lap and feed it with spoon, combs teddy's har, take out bindi fro my forehead and put it on teddy and lays him on the bed and at times on his shoulder , makes sounds like crying and says jo jo jo..

i just couldn't believe my eyes, he made teddy sit on baby cummod and making grunts and pressing its tummy in..

3 people like this.