1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

You are right Seetha!!
    Kids are getting smarter and moms like me are getting dumber or atleast i sound like one in front of my own son

2. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

That is just too cute!! :-D

1 person likes this.
  3. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

One more incident...my niece one has told like this to my son (we were overhearing),"my mom is having a baby in her tummy. actually she swallowed a small baby seed and it will come out the moment she vomits it one day"..

another one is, my friend's daughter told to my son that, if you want a baby bro or sis, you can go to that hospital (proper directions for that specific hospital where my friend delivered her second kid), they will give you the baby.

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Veni those incidents reminded me of another incident
    My SIL has 2sons both of them are elder to my son.When my son was born my SIL came to see me with her kids.Her elder son then 8-9 yrs old looked at my son and said to me " Aunty now you will have your next baby when this baby turns 5 right??"
    I looked at him and asked" why so"
    He said " Aunty my parents got my brother when i was 5 yrs old".... Hihihi kids definitely dont know of family planning :)

5. Shijiskumar

Shijiskumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dinny

The same question my nephew asked when he got a little sister. " Aunty you will have the second baby when Aditi(My daughter) become six years old.

My son is very much fond of Car and Two wheelers. I am the only lady not riding car because i met with an accident when i was driving a car. He used to see my Sister and SIL driving once he was telling me: " Amma i will teach you how to ride.. U just turn left when any vehicle comes opposite you , just keep your hand on the steering.. that much only.." He is 4 and half years old..

7 people like this.
  6. sridevipc

sridevipc Silver IL'ite

i have a nice 6 years old when she was 4 i got married and settled down in chennai...
    she use to miss me alot .
    recently she came to me and said to me " athai pesama thambiya enakku kalyanam panni vachidu"(get me married to your son)
    i was shocked and told her that he is your brother she replied to me no she is my aunt son and i have rights to marry him also she said mama got married to you so you came to chennai and stayed with so if i marry to your son i will also come and stay with you

7. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

when my son was in Ist standard, he asked me "mom, what is divorce?" I was shocked and didnt know how to answer. But, I tried with lots of stories and explanation (poor me)..

Finally, he just paraphrased saying, "so it is doo kaa vidaradhaa?" (child term for not speaking to the other person)

8. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

VEry cute thread..enjoyed reading!

1 person likes this.
  9. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

LOL..

My cousin (brother, 6 years old) was searching for napkin to keep in his lunch bag for school, unfortunately it had gotten little dirty and he refused to take it. My Mami asked him to manage for that day she will get it arranged by next day. He was like i saw so many napkins (referring to Sanitary napkins) in your dressing shelf other day, you always use evrything of it and never ever give me even 1. I want to take that only to school today.

Poor kid had seen advertisements and thought it as regular napkin.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  10. NinniMom

NinniMom New IL'ite

Really cute entries.

1 person likes this.