1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Funny feeling in my mouth after an ulcer

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hivid, Feb 22, 2013.

1. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

So I had capsicum sambar last Sunday night and immediately after I finished my dinner, my lips started swelling. I had bad ulcers for 2 days - Monday, Tue. I oil pulled, popped 2 B complex per day and after that the ulcer reduced. I did not have blisters just the whole area was red and it was stinging when I ate spicy or hot.
    I have been applying Smile Mouth Ulcer gel. As of today my lower lip is completely healed. But the upper lip insides are still stiff and dry. I just cant explain the funny sensation. Its stiff and it feels dry, chapped.. And it still stings a bit if I eat anything spicy or hot in that upper lip area.
    Mil says generally capsicum with tamarind causes allergy :(
    I don't know. Have anyone of you heard of it?
    And is this funny sensation common? Or should I be worried? Which doctor should I go to? A gen physician or dentist or skin doctor?

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

we make capsicum sambar and never experienced such a thing. check whether you have an allergy to that combo.

wonder berry / Makoi (hindi) / Manithakkali (tamizh) is a very good herb for curing such ailments. check with green leafy vegetable vendor or jadi bhooti ka dhukan for makoi. Chew 4 or 5 leaves and let the juice touches the walls of the mouth. You can swallow the juice and eat the leaves. It also cures intestinal ulcers too.

some mouth ailments do give funny feeling. did you face mouth ulcer before? what did the doctor advise you?

(image courtesy : google search)

Attached Files: