1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny facts about your MIL :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by NaveenaSasi, Feb 6, 2013.

1. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

My MIL loves looking at herself in the mirror. There is no mirror she can pass without turning all different directions. Once we had gone out and it was a home furnishing store. Suddenly I looked around and could not find her. I was a little panicked so went looking for her. Found her in the section with huge mirrors...she was adjusting her hair. I was about to leave her to it when I saw her take her sari pleats out to adjust. I was shocked. Luckily the job of asking her to stop doing it was taken out of my hands when DH saw her :) Best part was she was not in the least bit embarassed to be caught doing this

2 people like this.
  2. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

I find it funnier !! The fact that you know those people dont wear inner garments..thinkingsmiley
    Why and how do you know all this :bowdown and how does that matter to you???!!
    You are really funnier than your MIL and SIL

3. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

This incident happened few days ago.

My DH told MIL we will go for grocery shopping.
    (As I am in my 6th month pregnancy my DH avoids taking me for such stuffs)
    I don't know what MIL heard.She doesn't know English.She came to me and asked
    what kind of brassiere shall I get for you, front open is it?
    I was so embarrassed wondering, why is she asking me?
    So I asked the same, for which she replied My son told we are going for that shopping
    so you cant go out right?So I thought he is taking me to get it for you.
    I really burst out of laughing as she thought grocery as brassiere :p
    My DH who was just behind head the whole thing and was doubly embarrassed.

5 people like this.
  4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Well mine will expect I should learn from her and specially cooking and managing the house. Over all these years I have made her disappointed by cooking bad food, not learning how to cook well as per her expectations and not managing the house and maid as per her expectations! And yes, I DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO GRIND SPINACH! :twisted: :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

4 people like this.
  5. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

By the way dear,
    Did she learn to grind spinach finally?ideasmiley
    :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. mitra75

mitra75 New IL'ite

ROFL on reading this thread.

My MIL moved with us recently. She is kind of 'KNOW IT ALL'.

Our mixer grinder got repaired. DH insisted on buying a new one and he bought MORPHY RICHARDS brand. I was telling MIL lets give the old one (PREETHI make) to the maid. MIL was furious and told me the new one is local brand and can worn out anytime, keep the old one and get it fixed. I was like :biglaugh. Morphy richards local brand??!!

We live in mumbai. On the doors of our flats, Flat numbers are written in hindi. Somehow to my MIL's eye it looked like 'OM' written in tamil :bonk. She told 'look though this is mumbai they have written 'OM' in tamil in every house'.

She cant pronounce DD's name properly. She will call DD by nicknames. If some of her relatives ask DDs name then she will struggle a lot to get DDs name right. But she wont. gigglingsmiley

For any of her opinion, if we point out she is wrong. She won't easily accept. Should see her reaction when she is proved wrong. :yes:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

During one of my trip to India, went with MIL to buy grocery. She bargained and argued with a sabji wali (lady selling vegetables) for Rs. 2. It was like the sabji wali was going to build a taj mahal with her Rs. 2 and that she would be on road without it. I was feeling embarrassed. Anyway, she settled it by her giving Rs. 1. Then we went to the temple and she introduced me to everyone there saying that I had come from US. Eventually, i told her that today everyone has someone or the other that is in US. She said at least my son was the 1st one to go from the building and from the bhajan mandli (like her son is Neil Armstrong). Then she donated Rs 11 in the hundi of the temple and i was like :bonk.

8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe you could just say that "In that case, we wouldn't need to go 200 kms away, we can see them here (silently meaning ILs)" - just kidding

9. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I enjoyed reading many of the posts here and had a hearty laugh. Now my turn.
    But this one is about my fil and not mil. Here it goes.
    we have a pet dog in our house who is now 5 yrs old. Some 3 yrs before this happened.

My fil is a good person basically, except that he supports his wife blindly. He is in a good profile job and every morning before he leaves to his office, he sits in the last step of the staircase where he wears his socks and shoes before he starts.

While he wears his socks, our pet doggy will come and pull the socks in the opposite direction with his mouth, which is totally entertaining to watch. My fil will feel very happy and keep laughing and laughing that the dog is pulling the socks from him (also secretly admiring that the dog doesn't want him to go). My mil stands nearby and watches this too.

One fateful day, this doggy as usual pulled his socks that he was trying to wear. My fil was all in loud laughter and playing with the dog, he said good bye to my mil and drove in his car for nearly half an hour to his office. When he parked the car and kept his foot down,he realised that he was wearing only socks and forgot to wear the shoes. Hahahaha.

He felt shy and drove all the way back home. My mil was surprised to see him return in one hour and asked the reason. Our pet dog went running to greet him. My fil told mil that he forgot to wear the shoes for which my mil shouted at him. Hahaha....

then he wore his shoes and again drove for half an hour back to his work. When I was at work, I called my husband and he told me this incident. Thank god, I laughed for almost 5 mins and then continued my work. If I had been home, imagine, how difficult it would be for me to hide so much laughter.

In the evening when my mil told this with a slight laughter, I smiled at her, came out of the room and again had a hearty laugh. She was a bit angry too on him.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

I don't have an intention to offend any DILs here, but what is the harm if your MIL asks her son to buy something expensive for her?

Why can't you spare a thought on how many sacrifices she and her husband must have made to make your husband what he is today?
    They must have killed their own desires to fulfill even the smallest of your husband's needs.

I don't think MILs ask for it just for the sake of showing off in their friend circle, even if they do what is the harm in it?

Your hubby as a child must have asked for numerous things just to show off in front of his friends in school, and your MIL must have very fondly got it for him, knowing very well that it is of no actual use to him.

3 people like this.