1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny facts about your MIL :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by NaveenaSasi, Feb 6, 2013.

1. rakpri

rakpri Junior IL'ite

My MIL always talks about her daughter ,that she is multi-talented etc, etc, she drives car, two wheeler , working in IT concern, etc etc... But the thing is we all know that her daughter is not married and single (reason for not marrying is her break up in her love affair) , . one day she was telling all this story to the people in my flats, suddenly my neighbour asked where is her husband ??? my MIL ran and came into the house...I had a big :biglaugh.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Even though I support you in getting irritated because of the bragging of your SIL, I dont think 'not married' and single is a 'defect'. We should not drag down other independant women just because they are not married.Marriage is not everything,right?

13 people like this.
  3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Dealing with a animal lover Bow... I think humans are overrated...have you ever seen a dog abusing someone who is kind to it over and over again?

2 people like this.
  4. rakpri

rakpri Junior IL'ite

Hi gauridinesh,

I dont have any concerns with my SIL, I am not telling that only marriage is everything, but what is the necessity in comparing us with her daughter , its not that depending on husband is something offence, coz my MIL tells that her DIL(me n my co-sis) is always depending on her husband for everything , even we are working . And why does she has to tell all this to neighbour who has not even seen her once.

5. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

I am laughing my head out reading every thread here... Now its my turn...

My MIL is not that bad.. but, there are some funny things
    She always calls her son "Magu" (kid)... and pretends to be over protective at times..

During my initial days of marriage, she used to tell Magu is very very innocent.. It does not know anything.. All the girls these days are so forward... whaatsmiley

Once this happened.. DH went out on bike.. Some kids were playing on the street and it started drizzling...

MIL : (In loud voice)Oh GOD, papa Magu
    DIL : Oh what happened? which Magu?? and peeping through the window searching for an injured kid on the street...
    MIL : notdonesmiley Not those kids, its my Magu.. Its drizzling and how will Magu come home ????????
    DIL : laugh1smiley laugh1smiley

3 people like this.
  6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

say her: Nimma magu kaldhenu hoggalli re....(dont worry your baby wont get lost)

1 person likes this.
  7. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. rakpri

rakpri Junior IL'ite

she tells everyone that she is married and her hubby is at abroad.There is nothing shameful in not getting married, my MIL thinks that marrying and depending on husband is shameful.And the reason I laughed is , the neighbour to whom my MIL was sharing all these story have not even seen my SIL once.She was confused when my MIL was praising abt her.

1 person likes this.
  9. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

ROFL DINNY laugh1smileylaugh1smiley

10. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Wanted to tell her that.. but controlled myself.. When my DH came home I told him and we both had a good laugh1smileylaugh1smiley

He takes all this sportively.... :)

1 person likes this.