1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fulfillment in marital life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by InnerBliss, Nov 28, 2011.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

A friend asked the reasons that why should the people get involved in the extra marital affairs and I thought to think about this and found that the below mentioned views may be correct. Women need to be alert to see that they have all required ingredients to gain fulfillment in their marital life.

We all have different cultural, ethical and moral background. If I am not wrong, at some stage or other, we get attracted to other people. It depends on the strength of ethics or morality that how much can we hold ourselves. Our moral, conscience, ethics always give us an egalitarian view of our life and whether what we are doing does suit the definition for ourselves. If our conscience is not strong enough, we move to the short term gratification. We accept the default consequences. We may lose our hard earned reputation, meaning of character, value among our dear ones. Maybe, at late 30s or early 40s, some men may be finding that their spouses have got so much involved with the kids that his some needs are ignored. Maybe, there would be less communication between the spouses to understand each others requirements. Maybe, there should be a lack of time management, organization in the family and importantly, a lack of caring approach between the spouses. If I am not wrong, man does enjoy the manifestation of love and repetition of caring approach often. The couple could work out on rejuvenating the relationship once the problem is identified. It is therefore, necessary to spare time in the week to know what kind of relationship are we cultivating and how much is that being beneficial to the people involved. I do not at all mean that the women needs to forget about their self esteem and be a people pleasure but I mean that whatever we do, should be rewarding to some extent. It should not evaporate in the air losing the value of what we did. If the current contribution is not helping, off course, we can change the strategies to make it more effective.

There might be different individual reasons for extra-marital relations. But I thought that the above should be the core issues. Why should one look at other person, when his wife herself is the biggest asset of his life. (By asset, I do not mean that the wife has to be beautiful or fair but I mean that she should be presentable, strength, understanding, showing love and care through words or actions, and being more competent than his mother )

Feel free to ask any question you have on this issue. I may not be the perfectionist, but we can together work out applying our best.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.

2. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Is the lack in attaining happiness between the couples, lead to these complicated issues ?????

May be some others could shed their views here :bowdown

1 person likes this.
  3. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

:clapInnerbliss,I agree with you .Never stop working on your marriage it always need to be worked on.We should always keep working on the betterment of our relationship ,it works both ways.:goodidea:isin't it so:hide:.

1 person likes this.
  4. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Once married it is not proper to have an extra-marital relationship....mainly because the consequences will be devastating to all concerned and it will be be very unfair. Either it is better to have such an open relationship with the knowledge of the spouse or part ways.

Society is changing. Preaching does not have any effect. Hence it would be better if a new social system evolves to take care of all such aberrations. Let us remember that marriage is a man-made social system and therefore it can be most certainly be changed by society and evolve a new lifestyle suited to the times.

It is any any day better to be honest and straight forward than lead a life of deceit. It is this deceit that makes our actions immoral and despicable rather than the act itself which can be understood.

Nandita

1 person likes this.
  5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

This is a very superficial view about EMAs .Married women also have EMAs with bachelors and other married men. All EMAs do not end in divorce or re -marriage, it could be a time-pass affair and repeated when the opportunity presents itself.:bonk

A married man will have a hundred excuses to justify his EMA by saying that his DW drove/compelled him to seek solace in another womans arms. He will never own up that he is morally depraved and weak willed, according to him the fault always lies with the wife :-
    1 If the wife is working then the DH finds her to be too independent , proud.
    2 If the wife is a SAHM then he finds her too dowdy and inspid.
    3 If she is presentable then he likes the homely type.
    4 If she is average looking then he goes for the pataka types
    5 Most men like women who portray themselves as damsels in distress.
    6 If the wife showers attention and love he gets smothered, if she doesnt then he seeks it outside.
    Lastly , if nothing else works then he brings out the trump card by saying that the wife does not get along with his family ! As if the characterless woman he is going around with will fall at his parents feet !:spin

Now lets get some facts straight.
    Married men as well as women have EMAs knowing that the other person is married.
    Most of the times EMAs are time-pass and fun for them ,they have no intentions of marrying each other.
    Its sort of a disease , a weakness , out of one affair , repentent and again they will repeat their behaviour.

The innocent spouse is no way responsible for the other spouses loose behaviour.:rant

Lets not put the burden of an EMA on to a wifes shoulders and paint the husband as a bechara (poor thing).
    A person gets into an EMA with his/her eyes wide open and betrays the trust of his loyal partner , messes up his family life and kids future.
    There is no recipe for a successful marriage as it requires two people to make it work.

16 people like this.
  6. godsgp

godsgp Silver IL'ite

Flowerlady

Well researched and well written:clap

2 people like this.
  7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Well said , FL!

1 person likes this.
  8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

:cheersWell said flower lady! That too makes sense. Really nice research. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

May be people involved in EMA believe that they can have cake and it eat too??

1 person likes this.
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou friends for liking my post !:bowdown
    Most wives welcome the errant husband and feel that they have won , actually the DH has won as he enjoyed both at home and outside .
    Maybe the errant wife is also taken back after her EMA by her DH ??

Having an EMA , getting caught, saying sorry and going back to homely comforts is called having the cake and eating it too !:rant

The ingredients for a successful marriage call for mutual love, respect and trust between the married couple. Simple yet complicated.

3 people like this.