1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrated friends. Going mad

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by cutiepie66, Jul 26, 2013.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

My weight is making me to lose confidence. Not only that I couldn't conceive because of my weight :( Seriously irritating me. Doctor is strictly asking me to reduce my weight. I am trying to reduce weight but don't know where I am going wrong.

I am going for walking in the morning, playing shuttle and doing 30 minutes workout. Limited the quantity of food I take. Taking lots of water. No junk food. No sweets. What more I have to do? Still I couldn't reduce weight. What may be the problem?

Afternoon I used to take a small cup of rice. Apart from this, taking dosa, idli as breakfast and dinner (in limited quantity only). Should I have to stop these items??

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

2. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

dear cutepie,

do not feel so frustrated have patience. It is very easy to gain weight but difficult to lose it. I suggest you better go for surya namaskar which will really work out one of my friend who did this has reduced a weight of 20kgs. She was 100kgs and later when she started she got down to 80 and now she is 68 which is really unbelievable and the most important thing is just have patience work out for 30 days and then see your weight as it is not good to reduce your weight fast also.

I wish you all the best.

1 person likes this.
  3. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Hi there. Please dont get frustrated. As it takes lot of time to reduce weight. I would suggest you continue on the path which you are on.. you will definitely see results soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

unbelievable. How many times we have to do per day?

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Cutiepie,

Another issue which is making you difficult to reduce weight may be the frustration that you have. I tend to put on weight when I stress my mind by thinking about weight.So keep your mind calm from this thoughts and do some yoga like Suryanamaskar to reduce stress.Also don't cut down all the food that you have,just reduce the amount that's all ie everything in small quantities.

1 person likes this.
  6. sbmat

sbmat Bronze IL'ite

hi as advised before by others suryanamaskar is the best for reducing weight .also you have to do it at a fast pace for effective wt reduction ....heard this from a yoga instructor

1 person likes this.
  7. NutritionDiva

NutritionDiva Junior IL'ite

Hi

You should first work out a balanced meal plan where ur eating enough and the right foods. If u r not eating enough, your body holds on to its fat and energy stores as it is In starvation mode. Diet is 80% of losing weight. I can help u if u give me ur daily chart currently. Also what foods did u grow up on? Daal/chawla all? What is made at home for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

8. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I am from South India. I take Idli/Dosa/Chapathi/ Pongal/Upma for breakfast. Rice and Sambar, Rasam for lunch and again Idli/Dosa for dinner. I cant avoid taking rice :(. Taking everything in limited quantity.

9. NutritionDiva

NutritionDiva Junior IL'ite

Ok...I can help u...rice is good....it is important part of our culture and nutrient for the body.
    You need a meal plan that gives u all the right stuff. Here is a sample. We would need to change this if u have any special conditions like thyroid, pcod, high cholesterol,diabetes etc.
    Pls PM me if u need more help.

Meal 1(within 10-15 min of rising): any 1 seasonal fruit

Meal 2 (2 hrs later): bowl of upma or pongal with coconut chutney or sada dosa with sambhar

Meal 3 ( 2 hrs later): handful of peanuts

Meal 4(2 hrs later): (lunch): rice and daal and veggies Or rasam/rice and veggies or sambhar rice and veggies.(6-8 tablespoons rice)

Meal 5:(2 hrs later) nariyal paani with malai

Meal 6(2 hrs later): bowl of curd or slice of cheese

Meal 7: (dinner): iddli with sambar or sada dosa with sambhar. Add coconut chutney. Or u can do same as lunch here if u want rice. Just do one or other.

If hungry before bed...have glass of milk.

Eat every 2 hrs...eat mindfully until u r 80% full..not until u r stuffed. Based on ur conditions....u would add in some vitamins too. And drink 4-5 liters water daily.

I do online counseling as well. Just PM for details. I am sure u can do it!!! Just follow this to the T.

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

well, what worked for me is protein diet and limited carbs and NO!never avoid anything..even junk.

i believe in losing weight the healthy way.also,workouts r my passion.join a gym and with the help of an instructor workout.

u CAN do it!

slow and steady is the best.