1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

From when can baby taken out .... birthday party or pizza hut or movie?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by babychinnu, Dec 18, 2009.

1. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi ILadies,

From when can infants taken outside? Actually my LO is in her 3rd month now and one of my friends invited for her daughter's 1 year birthday party. I feel it is not a good idea to take her when she is so small. Am I correct?

Also, is it okay to take her to pizza hut or movie? From when u people started taking out your LOs? Please share.

Thanks,
    Deepchiran.

2. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

i dont know when to start taking infants out ...

but here in UAE i have seen infants as young as one week being taken to shopping malls .

the main idea behind not taking infants out may be to avoid them from contracting any illnesses .
    may be too loud noise in a party can make the baby restless .

3. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Dear Deep,

Is it possible to make an arrangement to keep baby somewhere for an hour or so with your mother. I have my mother living nearby so for functions I leave my baby there. It will not be a good idea to skip the function but see what's possible, in case you have to nurse her may be you can express for the time you will be out and rush back home.

Agree with R. The problem is in function everyone would come to touch the baby and may lead to infection. Since its your close friend even more the temptation to attend it. Also loud sounds are complete irritation to the baby, you will have to sit somewhere far away, I attended a function @ 5 months and the sound was to loud to bear with my baby. After forty days I kept my baby with my mother and went to church for about two hours and took her home, all other functions I attended without my DD till she was six months.

Once baby completes six months you can comfortably take her out everywhere. For all those unavoidable situations when mom too is not a home, I just make a small prayer and just move out.

4. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Thanks rosary and lee for ur replies.

But Lee, my parents stay out of station .... 12 hours journey from our place. Even due to some family limitations, i am only taking care of the baby when she is jus 28 days old. So, no one is there to help. Even because of that I am thinking of quitting my job also.

deepchiran.

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I had to travel from US to India when my DD was 4 months old to attend my inlaws 60th birthday function,since it was unavoidable.I came and within 2 days the functions was there.She was ok with the noise in the mandap and other things happening around.The only thing i didn't keep her in the room full of crowd,my mother and me carried her almost most of the time .