From Indian Sweets

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by Thyagarajan, May 23, 2023.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

From
    INDIAN SWEETS

Jalebi: Your Shape doesn't matter, your nature does. No matter how messed up you look or life is, keeping a sweet tone will always help.

Rasgulla : No matter how much you are squeezed by circumstances, only sweetness should come out and just remember you will return to your original self as soon as the pressure diminishes!! So Be Resilient even when squeezed

Boondi Laddu : Every little drop of Boondi matters. Similarly little and continuous efforts can bring in Miraculous Results. Continue doing little things, Success will follow.

Soan papdi : Not everyone likes you, yet the maker doesn't stop to make you. Pursue your goals, irrespective of validation.

Gulab jamun: Your Softness is not your Weakness, it can be your strength. Softness is a quality much Appreciated, be Proud of it.

Besan Laddu : If you get shattered due to pressure, you can always Rebuild. It's a symbol of HOPE. No Matter what goes Wrong, we can always fix it.
    So don’t give up on sweets no matter what your doctor avers.

2. Thyagarajan

:hello: I wish i had posted with image if those sweets along side the text. Due to domestic pressure i had to relegate that exercise for some other time.
    I thank @swarnamary for granting me a like here. She is one among the few followers showering me with likes and my “Like” counter today at this moment crossed 11.6 k - another milestone.
    Reaching milestones is akin to that occasional glorious sixer that go past 85 meters over the roof of the gallery in the stadium. I am watching playoff first one - not at chinnaswami stadium but on tv live.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

glad to be follower of your threads sir ji...
    and you posting about my favs so cant help but to like the posts and that too about sweets... yum yum..
    we waiting to eat good fresh sweets from india, esp jalebi my son is waiting for this sweet too and others as well...

gknew, Thyagarajan and svpriya like this.
  4. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Yummy content Sir...:smiley: My fav Gulab jamun :hearteyes:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thanks. Did you try any gulab jamun mix? Which Indian Brand By far the best? Which city is famous for Gulab jamun? Any idea? Eduljee cursertjee chatterji and few energyless people cross my mind.

svpriya likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thank you @swarnamary . Is it not possible to attempt jilebi in your kitchen in US? It must be available in some place in your city.
    For one of my career interviews i went to a defence establishment in Ahmednagar in Maharashtra. I am used to idli vada dosai for my breakfast followed by coffee. It was early morning at railway station. I reached the restaurant and when enquired in broken hindi “what available for breakfast?” , the bearer said only jelebi and tea available. I found people there not brushing or washing teeth and claimed eating jelebi would do that.
    Regards.
    One errata to my previous response here. It is 11.6 k not 12k milestone yet.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    swarnamary and svpriya like this.
  7. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

I always prefer MTR Gulab jamun mix.. The taste is good and very soft to eat. I don't know the city but i guess north India...

swarnamary and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

MTR you said it. It is pioneer and international.
    When in queue for checking in our hand baggage in a row, three passengers suit case when opened were only of this Indian brand. Many bachelors or married- bachelors carry this MTR brand range of products to USA and UK.
    Thanks for answering. The origin of Gulab Jamun is not known to me but the place popular for gulab varieties is
    Rashtrapati Bhavan`s Mughal Gardens which is called now as `Amrit Udyan`.

svpriya likes this.
  9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

it sure is possible doable in kitchen in us, but the taste wont be same..and its time taking, we did try one time it came okay but not as good as it should..we buy it from indian stores but not good, we will see if we come across any before our trip... we do have all kind of sweets in stores but not so fresh... taste will be different thats the problem but if we need to have it, doesnt matter all that..
    you will reach to 12k soon...

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

same pinch, i like mtr too.. now some are prefering aachi, i use badam milk pwd from that both my kids like it...

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.