1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

From Doormat to Dreamgirl - Please read

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ilovesai, Sep 28, 2014.

1. ilovesai

ilovesai Silver IL'ite

No, only the first few pages go for unmarried.. But the gist of the whole book is keep yourself as the center of universe and don't make your husband your world.. When you do that, the husband will come running to you..

This book would definitely help all those women who are doormats..

I have been one such person, I will be so worried that my husband doesn't talk and that he prioritizes his parents over me.. He is always silent.. I will be upset if he doesn't call and check on me, like the way he did before marriage.. Even if he yells, I'll still cook his favorite food next day.. I'll be so worried if he doesn't come home for lunch and check on him.. So my whole life was centered around him and I forgot about my happiness in the whole process..

Reading this book gave me a sense of freedom and made me understand that self esteem and self respect is vital for women..I no longer care even if my husband doesn't talk.. I just get busy reading books or doing my own stuff.. Now I see him open up. Even if he doesn't feel like talking, I just ignore and get busy with my life.. I go for walk on my own and I don't stop going just because he is too busy with work.. He also feels happy that I don't nag him any more for anything.. I no longer break my heads trying to find out what he spoke to my mil or what she told him..

I just care for myself more, it doesn't mean I don't respect him or treat him mean.. I respect him at the same time I am not letting any one walk all over me..

5 people like this.
  2. Gauthu

Gauthu Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for sharing :)

3. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

Thank you for sharing dear...much needed book at the right time...

4. Vani09

Vani09 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing :)

5. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I'm on page 86 right now ...... wish parents of girls read this before fixing marriages.

When they appear too desperate to marry their daughters off, the boy's side senses this and goes for the kill.

This is exactly what happened to me ...... and the boy gets sex after the phere is done ....

6. ChennaiExpress

7. ilovesai

ilovesai Silver IL'ite

If you always look for negative, you'll find negative reviews or information on anything in Google.. In fact, there are 787 five star reviews and 83 one star reviews.. This shows that more number of people have found it useful.. Also, it depends on how you grasp information and how you apply it to match your situation.. It totally depends on the reader and how and what to apply out of what they read.. . . Find out which ones will work for you and apply those ideas and see how it works..

8. ilovesai

ilovesai Silver IL'ite

No wonder why the guy's parents feel superior and dominant because most of the girl's parents are ok to be treated doormats.. They just want to get their daughter married.. Also, some indian parents blindly advice their daughters to follow whatever the inlaws say..

Even in my own marriage, the guys' family and relatives occupied all the ac rooms in the marriage hall and left the small non-ac ones for the girls' side to occupy.. Although the money for the marriage hall was paid by us.. This was a decade ago.. I hope things are changing now..

1 person likes this.
  9. ChennaiExpress

I usually read negative reviews to see what people are complaining about before buying anything on Amazon. Sometimes a negative review for someone may be a positive review for me. (I bought a nice skirt for work that suits me well because of the negative reviews)

Considering Indian culture and how women are generally treated, at least the bride-to-be should read the book beforehand --- with a grain of salt.

Most women get married not just to raise a family, but also financial, and the one with the money has the power (usually males), and unfortunately many husbands and in-laws misuse their power. So this book helps to open ones eyes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  10. ChennaiExpress

Honestly I am making my self continue read this book. While it give me hope, it gives some scary flashbacks of my nightmare marriage. Had I known the information in part of this book, I don't think I would have picked up my ex's phone the second time, let alone get engaged and married.

1 person likes this.