1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

From door mat to dream girl…Is it applicable to married women??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sweety127, Oct 1, 2014.

1. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Ilove sai for sharing this wonderful book..If not anything it definitely boosted up my self confidence. & with sandhya's fb I am starting this new thread friendssmiley

But could we apply this theory after marriage..The entire book tells as to how a girl should never over compensate, try to please, act caring to the man she loves. The author tells a girl to be elusive so that man comes running behind. (i.e complete emotional independence). thinkingsmiley
    For instance she tells not to call him to know about his whereabouts nor should we call him to let him know about our whereabouts. A girl should not show that she is worried when he calls up after 1-2 hours of the usual time, should not dress sexily and give in so easily instead he should work hard to get what he wants, should not cook a elaborate meal, not expecting him to gift you, etc etc. :bang

But don’t we lose being ourself in this process? Atleast for me its v difficult to be manipulative..Thinking each time as to how I should react so that he will get attracted towards me..Is it wrong if I call him to know about his whereabouts when am really worried? Why should we restrain ourselves from expressing our love to our soul mate? Would ignoring really serves the purpose of winning him down? Why are men this way or are they simply pretending for their own convenience? Where has all his excitement of dating days gone?

This book holds good for unmarried gals predominantly and not for a married woman..But still it worth reading

These are some lighter moments where I enjoy the attention I receive by making him chase me rather than giving in too easily as told in that book:coffee

1) I never call him during office hours no matter what except for urgency. He would be calling me in the lunch hour. He had told me several times to call him if I feel bored. I would rather log into IL than calling him.
    Result: He calls me and says miss you often

2) When going out in our bike, I would never hold him too close. He keeps yelling throughout the journey as to how other girls are so loving towards their man & am an exception. Honestly speaking I don’t like it that way in public
    Result: Once in a blue moon I hug him tight & he would start flying, singing & becomes hyper romantic.

3) I would never kiss him on phone and he cribs as to how am not treating him.
    Result: He started asking me to kiss him

So all married ladies/ to be married ladies do share your experiences of how you made yourself valuable so that DH started coming towards you rather than you begging for his time & action.

Forgot to add, my MIL behaves exactly like this dream girl. She just totally ignores H especially when am around & this man runs behind her to get her attention..Uff

P.S: If we succeed in this venture even he would start handling ILaws problems more maturely as we are not easily available for his service ideasmiley

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

first recognize - people write books to "sell volume" and "make money". Primary motive.
    Being a bitch and being manipulative are not necessarily top class ideas! Maybe useful for extreme situations, not for normal happy relationships.

5 people like this.
  3. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

I haven't read the whole book. but i think the gist of it is 'Be your own person. Don't make anyone (be it husband, kids, parents..etc) center of your universe. You should be the center of your own universe. Love and respect yourself and others will follow '.

4 people like this.
  4. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

I was reading about parenting and essentially what they say is don't lose one to become another. Don't lose being a wife to become a mother or Don't lose yourself to become a wife so on...

Everybody plays multiple roles, no body can be afford to be a bitch to win the other half. My husband and I don't call each other during work or anytime just so we can talk. We call each other when there is a need. If he is flying out of station, he would call me when he lands. If he didnt call me past the time i give him a call to check if he is ok. Infact i dont call him when he is out with his friends and he is very proud of it. He generally says i am not nagging out his outings.

He generally says love you at the end of phone converstaions. I may sometimes not say it...but getting better at it....

I do love to cook for him and i do....

We are actually coming out of a very bad rough patch and he understands that I am strong, independent and don't take crap. But he knows I will stand by him during all his ups and downs....

2 people like this.
  5. ilovesai

ilovesai Silver IL'ite

@Sweety, Thanks for taking time to write your reviews.. I am glad that it boosted your confidence levels..
    Yes, it works only for doormat women or women who don't get a lot of attention from their husband.. I know few women, who even offer the freshly prepared food for husband and eat the left overs.. The husband is not even thankful rather treats the wife like a doormat or servant.. It's only for troubled marriages or for women who don't get any attention from their husband..

It doesn't say you have to be mean or manipulative to your husband.. It just says keep up your self respect..

1 person likes this.