1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

From a young girl to a Woman- my life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 8, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Daughters are always father's pet. My father also used to love me very much and always used to share the joys with me as he always thought me as a child and not as grown up. Thats why I am still young at heart though I have grown up in age. My mother and grandmother also never used to allow me to do any work at home , only outside work. During school days my grandmother used to say study well . Another thing is my mother and grandmother before 7 a.m. used to finish their cooking. I used to try some dishes but not much.

Our family was a small family and I was so surprised when I was married to a big family. All experts in cooking and I used to feel odd in between them but they were all loving and never used to make me feel that way and whenever any function they used to help me and neighbours used to envy saying that your husband's family are so loving and caring.

After marriage 3 years I had to wait to conceive but after I conceived in 3 and half years I had 3 children. Being a working womanto bring them upwas a challenge for me. Without my husband's support I would not have managed to bring them up. Thanks to my brother in law, my husband's nephew and nieces and sisters in law who helped me during delivery. My elder daughter when she was born was pampered by everyone inour house. My brother used to make food for me, my husband'sniece did everything for me though she was also 3 months pregnant that time. I was looked after how I will be looked after if I was in my parent's house.

In 1991 when I had hip bone fracture and was in bed for two months my husband looked after me and had todo everything as I couldnot get up. My sister in law also stayed with us and did everything for me as after one month my husband had to go to office.

I am glad that my children got married at the right time and well settled now. As my husband was very economic always we are able to enjoy our retired life peacefully, though there are health problems sometimes.

1 person likes this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty,
    Happy Women's Day!
    I always enjoy reading your snippets.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome tomy thread and thanks for making my day with your first fb which is a great surprise to me. 100 views and no fb I was feeling unhappy , you have made me happywith your fb and glad to know you enjoy my snippets .

1 person likes this.