1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friendship and Love - A Story

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Apr 21, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Rahul looked at Pooja with all the love in his heart. She was standing next to the bride Mansi her best friend. Pooja was looking very beautiful as usual.

How much he loved her... But was never able to convey his feelings. Rahul always felt that Pooja is so perfect. She is beautiful, ambitious, an engineer and has a lovely family. Whereas he is still trying to settle down. He has a sales job and had lost his parents in an accident two years back. Rahul thought he was not fit for Pooja and cannot keep her happy.

Rahul and Pooja are neighbours and friends since childhood. They went to same school together, fought with each other many times. Still remained friends when they grew up. Rahul didnt realize when he started loving Pooja, but never shared it with anyone. For Pooja, Rahul was always a good friend.

[​IMG]
    "Hey Rahul, you didnt tell me how I look". Pooja came and disturbed his thoughts.
    "No matter how much you dress up you look the same plain girl. And where is pallavi, she was looking lovely in the red dress today. Did you see her by any chance?"
    "Rahul, I hate you. Dad, look at Rahul" Pooja went away to complain to her dad.

Pooja's parents received many alliances for her after that day. Her parents wanted the best for her. Finally, with mutual consent her marriage was fixed with Raman, one of the skilled doctors in USA. Pooja was happy because Raman had all the qualities she was looking for in her partner. He was well educated, caring, respected her parents and did not drink or smoke.

Pooja wanted to give this good news to Rahul. She took her phone and called Rahul.
    "Rahul, I have some good news for you".
    "Now dont tell me that you are going away from here. That would be happiest news for me." he joked.
    "You and your stupid jokes. You remember Raman, the handsome doctor from USA"
    Rahul's heart skipped a beat.
    "My marriage is fixed with Raman. He is a fantastic person. I am so happy to have found him."
    There was silence on other side.
    "Hey Rahul.. can you hear me?"
    "Oh poor guy, feel sorry for him.. Anyways congratulations"
    "Tell me when will you meet me. I have so much to talk. "
    "Hmm.. I am going out of town for next few days. I will call you when I am back." Rahul kept the phone.

The world no more existed for Rahul after hearing this. He was losing his love to someone else. He could not sleep that night. He somehow made up his mind that he will find happiness in Pooja's happiness. How much ever he tried he could not make himself to face Pooja. He stopped meeting and talking to her.

Pooja and Raman met few more times and now she was convinced that Raman is the guy for her. But Pooja missed her friend Rahul. She had so much to share with him. But Rahul was always busy. It was days since she met him.

One morning when Raman was at Pooja's house for breakfast, she started complaining of severe headache.
    "Pooja, I think you are worrying too much about our wedding" Raman said.
    "No Raman, I am getting terrible headache from quite some time. Let me take a pill."
    "Hey.. then lets not ignore this. We will visit hospital today itself. Get ready after breakfast."

Pooja had to undergo several checkups and tests for next couple of days. Her parents and Raman were at the hospital to know the results. The head doctor called Raman inside and explained him the details. When Raman came out his head was low, he could not meet her parents eyes. "Pooja is diagnosed with brain tumour." he spoke the dreaded words. Her parents were terrified on hearing this. Pooja who was also curious to know the results had just entered and heard everything.

Pooja's life was in complete darkness now. Just few days after this, Raman returned to USA saying he cannot marry her.

When Rahul heard all this from one of his friends', he was so ashamed of himself. He was not with Pooja when she needed him the most. He immediately rushed to her house. Pooja was fast asleep. He looked at her she was looking so peaceful. He didnt wake her up, and waited there. When Pooja woke up she saw Rahul there and started sobbing.

"Pooja, I am very sorry that I left you alone." Both of them hugged each other.
    [​IMG]
    Rahul's return had brought some happiness back into Pooja's life. Her tumour was still in initial stages and Rahul gave all his support. He was sure that she will be cured and back to normal. He always accompanied her to hospital for check ups. He tried ways to keep her happy.

During one of the visits, doctor said "We need to start chemotherapy for Pooja.". Pooja was scared. But Rahul convinced her.

On the day of the first chemotherapy, Pooja looked very confident because of Rahul's support. She knew the pain she had to undergo with these treatments. She had read that people lose their hair, their skin becomes dark and many other problems. But she didnt care now and all she longed for was Rahul's company.

Pooja was resting in hospital after one of the chemotherapy sessions.
    Rahul came running "Hey Pooja, I am promoted as manager now."
    "Thats great news Rahul. Very happy for you." Pooja's eyes were full of tears of joy.

Doctor entered the room, "Pooja dear, how are you today? You will be happy to know that you are completely cured now. No more treatments required."

This news was icing to the cake.
    Rahul brought Pooja home and her parents were delighted on hearing this.

Rahul looked at Pooja's face. She was so happy. She might have lost her hair, got dark spots on skin, lost her charm. But she still looked most beautiful to Rahul's eyes.

"Pooja, Can I ask you something? Will you marry me?" He didnt want to lose her this time. Pooja hugged him tightly. She shouted "YES, YES, YES"

[​IMG]

2. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic one....

Uma

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Vidchakra,

too good. When people are in real trouble only we have to be with them by speaking kind words to them to take care of them in a nice manner.

Well narrated. I liked it.

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

5. vidchakra

Thanks Uma... Glad you liked it...

6. vidchakra

Hi Sree, thanks for the feedback.. Very happy to know that you liked it..

7. vidchakra

Thanks for coming here sunitha..

8. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello vidu,

Beautiful, gripping, touching and must-read story:thumbsup:bowdown:thumbsup:bowdown

Keep more such coming!!

Saras

9. vidchakra

Hi Saras,
    Thanks for the wonderful feedback...

10. vidchakra

Hi Sudha, Thank you.. So glad u liked it