Friendship after marriage for women

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vkrithika1, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Krithika,

Not sure if you have seen this thread - Let's try finding college and school mates through IL ? Some of our IL'ites have already posted where they did their schooling and college, inorder to find their old friends. Just wanted to keep you posted since you are so desperate to find your old friends. Good Luck!

2. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Re: friendship

hi everyone,

It is partially true that a woman cannot maintain friendship after marriage. For me it would have been possible if i had been in the same place before marriage. SInce i left to US, at that time even emails were not so-popular for people to get in touch.
    It also depends on both the people to reciprocate. I have some of them staying locally who do not respond even once in 3months. SOme of them abroad call me almost every week. I try to be friends with those who want to and leave them whos not interested.
    Its the society's structure to be blamed not anyone else that a woman is expected to focus on marriage rather than anything else.
    Blessed are everyone with friends,
    Cheers

3. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Re: friendship

Hey Krithika,

I do keep in touch with friends. Thanks to networking sites like Orkut, Facebook - i hv got back in touch with many classmates ,esp. from college. I am a chat fanatic that helps me keep in touch with some others more frequently.

I guess things will change a lot once I have a job, my baby . As I always say, time will speak how things will be in future!

4. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear induslady,
    Thank you very much.Yes i have also posted my school and college in below mentioned thread.

thanks.

5. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

It depends on the nature of the women, attitude towards friends, circumstances after marriage, more often how the friends reciprocate. A women may value, cherish friendships and may spend some time to maintain relationships but there should be the same reciprocation from her friends too. Even friends don't reciprocate, and if the women is mature enough to think that her friends may be busy then definetely, the friendship will blossom again. Sometimes it also happens that priorities change and people move ahead...

For friends are forever, I have contacts with my childhood friends too though they no longer live in India.

6. rashpras

rashpras New IL'ite

I have contacts with my college freinds after 5 yrs of marraige
    But i think after Marraige we will be busy in our own world,I think those days were beautifull and wish i could go back in time and spend time with our freinds

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hai krithika,
    yes it is true.
    We, women are unable to maintain our old friendship after marriage.but we get new friends after marriage thru IL..
    men were able to continue their friendship even after marriage.

8. nokia6681

nokia6681 New IL'ite

i am able to have contact wit my friends...rarely after marriage ony during some function like reception i am able to meet them...or rarely i phone them and will have a little chat

9. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I am so lucky I am in touch with most of my friends...My school friends have an e-groups in Yahoo and my degree friends have an e-groups in Yahoo..All of us are in different parts of the world but we still keep in touch....And my childhood friend who is like my sister...we both are still in touch...We have known each other for 25 years now..I was 5 and she was 7 when we first met and we are good friends till date and whenever we get an opportunity we still meet...I am so proud of all my friends...I cherish them...