Friendship after marriage for women

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vkrithika1, Mar 11, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Re: friendship

Hi,

Nice to see you all in this thread.As you all said, we lose our contacts because of our work pressure, inlaws problems etc,etc.I do have contacts with my best friends even now.But i lost my contact with my most dearest childhood friend subha .we studied in same school,same college.Now she is in Austin.I tried to find her ph.no or mail id atleast,but i could not get it.I lost my good friend.As padma said may be, i can also find my friend throught this il.Atleast once in 3 months,i would take my autograph notes and would go into deep wonderful memories.But My husband maintains good contacts with all his friends.Men are always lucky.As said by sumeru,May be all are sucked up in family life.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. IndusGuy

IndusGuy New IL'ite

Let me share you an experience from Mumbai when I lived there. You know how Mumbai trains are. They are always jam packed. There are separate ladies coaches and people are jam packed all the way to the door in the coaches.

When a train is leaving the station and a man shows up and runs to the coaches you know what the men do? They pull him up and make that few inches so that he can stand on his one leg in the door.

What do the ladies do when a lady shows and tries to do the same? They push her away back on the station.

This is just an observation. Women don't seem to be nice to other women. Why is that?

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi I,

It is very difficult question to answer.My heart tells this is not true.We can take IL as example for this.If we accept what you said is true, then the purpose of IL will be in question.Without knowing each other we pour our love and affections towards each other.
    if this is possible in IL why not outside.

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I don't agree on this that "Women don't seem to be nice to other women".
    Anyways....
    I have seen that many of my friends after their marriage never tried to keep up the contacts as they got busy with their own lives...

Regards.

5. sarada

sarada Senior IL'ite

Hi Krithika,
    I agree with you.
    One thing is that women after marriage tend to maintain relationship with her relatives and dh relatives etc that they dont find time to meet their own friends..

This problem is still worse when you are away from India. In my case, I go india once a year for abt 10 days. So in those 10 days I rush to finish my shopping, my kid's and dh's shopping and meet all my dh's relatives and think and buy few things not available here. Though my dh buy things,, but still they wont be so particular like us and hence i get ended up with no time for me to meet my friends :-(
    Even if I keep in touch, the other party might have someother problems so couldnt meet eachother.

As such, if you stay in the same city, atleat meeting monthly once is possible..

however.. inspite of staying abroad, I knew few ppl who keep up their relation with their friends.. ILites.. can get some suggestions from you ppl?

6. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

As u all said its true.. though we are not totally out of friends but anyways that contacting we will surely decrease... Somehow these days i am only able to meet my friends online, tha keeps me in touch with my friends.. :mrgreen:

7. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

I totally agree with you that women find it difficult to keep in touch with her friends of pre-marriage. One reason being...normally ladies move out of their parents place...so change of place, phone number, etc also attribute to this. Post marriage, women have to get attuned to the inlaws(hubby's) place and attain that comfortable feeling wherein they can indulge on phone/internet for long time with friends as it used to be in the pre-marital home!
    In my initial days of marriage, most of my time went in analysing the new relationships and their personalities. Moreover hubby was the type who wouldn't share family matters with friends...and I was the kind who was like an open book to my friends. So it took time for me to draw the line. In this process, some friends became a little distant and some came closer :)

My 2cents
    Hema

8. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

Its very true that we are can be in touch with our friends but interest should be from both the sides. Earlier days we need to write letters etc to be in touch. But now most of us have a pc at home and it wouldnt take much time to send a mail or invite for a chat to be in touch. As per the latest technology we can c them thru webcam and if oppurtunity invites we can meet them in person.

Am i right?

9. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear all,

Thanks for the views.

dear sharadha, you are right.I too do that.Before i never used to reply to letter out of laziness,But now the scenario is changed.Thanks to the technology.I speak even to my relatives through skype.from us i speak daily to my friend in pune.

10. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Hi everybody,

Our technology has helped us lot......with e-mails, online chating and mobile/sms we can sure keep touch with one another....

Anu