1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friends ,to whom we should listen after marrage hus or parents?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sanabijay, Mar 6, 2012.

1. sanabijay

sanabijay New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    i am in dilemma whether i should listen to my parents or to my husband when problems come.both sides problems are there.since i am with my hus my parents are not talking t0 me.i am very depressed.please give me a suggestion.
    Sana

2. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Your DH. Don't have second thought on this.After marriage he is ur present and future too.

1 person likes this.
  3. raj77

raj77 Bronze IL'ite

It is always your husband.

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Definitely your DH only

5. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Ideal way is to listen to both and finally do the thing that makes YOU happy.
    Parental interference often create a wedge between the husband and wife. To a parent, their daughter will always be their baby and therefore they will feel that the daughter has to listen to them.... but once married automatic boundaries are created and there are limits to how much parents can interfere in our lives. Since you live with your husband, it is natural that you will be listening to him more than you listen to your parents...and it is upto you to explain to your parents how things are different now that you are married and give them confidence that you are mature enough to handle problems in the best way you can...with or without their help.

11 people like this.
  6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What to you mean by listening?? It is obeying their words/instructions?????

Both are important in life, it doesn't mean that you have to ignore either of one.
    You have to make a good decision and follow your heart.
    You have to judge which is good for you.
    I am sure both your DH or parents wouldnt be 100% correct always.
    Take the best of the both worlds :)
    If you are staying separtely with your DH, then you have to make decisions for your family (that is yourself, DH & kids).

WHy your parents are not talking with you,

You can always contact your parents for advise, but you can't follow anybody's instructions blindly. One shouldn't allow other's interference into the family matters.

WHy your parents not talking with you???? what is the problem???

6 people like this.
  7. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Well, you are an adult right? So make decisions on your own, keeping your H and parents' in the best interest!

6 people like this.
  8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Depends! Both can't be right all the time...sometimes your DH may not be saying/doing the right thing and, as a wife, you have every right to say you won't play along. Can be the same when it comes to parents. At the end of the day, you have to make sure your parents don't create any misunderstanding in your marriage. If they aren't talking to you just because you are with your husband, it doesn't sound right! You know both your DH and your parents...decide what works for your marriage and your relationship with your DH. In other words, listen to yourself first!

1 person likes this.
  9. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Depends on the situation. You cannot listen to any one person all the time. Things like planning to buy house, planning to have kid and even financial planning should be according to your husband. Would you like if your MIL comes and tells you how you should spend your money or when you should have kids. But at the same time, when there are other things which matter to your parents then you should take their advise.
    Also, depends on whether you are staying with your parents. If under the same roof, you may be expected to discuss everything with them.

10. disillusion

disillusion Senior IL'ite

Listen to whoever is making more sense and then use your judgement. Typically, parents always wish for the best for their daughter, but not always the case with husband