1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friends Plzzzzzzzzz need Help badly

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lavy12, Jul 30, 2014.

1. lavy12

lavy12 Silver IL'ite

Dear Il's

I love this forum, i am a silent reader. I am totally addicted to this site however till date i didnt have or written or requested suggestion due to hesitations.

But i want to be strong and to start i have choosen IL as best option to pour my heart out and take suggestions. Plz help.

I am married for 3 yrs now(no kids) and 6yrs of love = 9 yrs into this relationship. My husband is totally controlling and doesn't trust me. i feel i am totally & emotionally dependent on him.

I work 9.30AM to 8.00PM including travel. living in joint family of 7 members. my husband has 5 siblings. all are married and have kids.

1. He never allowed me to make friends or be in touch with any friends. Even though if i try making friends according to him they all are bad and have very bad attitude who roams the world.
    2. I don't go to any relative's place. Not going to any marriage, festival, invite, naming ceremonies etc etc. here also restriction
    3. my sil family of 4 members come almost every day for lunch and dinner. bil family of 3 members comes twice a week. so i have almost 13-15 ppl at home almost every weekend. i end up doing every thing i dont have any time for myself and weekend is totally hectic. My husband has no problem me handling all this work.
    4. i always feel happy only when my husband is around and as i dont have any one to talk to i keep calling him. Nowadays he doesnt answer my calls, no response neither call back. i end up feeling disappointed
    5. If i dont answer his call that means i am not in office when out to roam the city with somebody. i cant even go out for lunch with anybody. i should not have lunch with anyone in office.

Sorry if i start then it would go 5-6 pages of complaint. so i will stop here.

Dear ladies - all i need is a suggestion from you all on how to handle such a person. i obviously do not want to leave him and go. Instead want to tackle this situation.

Please help.

Regards
    Lavy

2. vasumathi89

vasumathi89 Silver IL'ite

hey lavy, chill out.. hugs to you..calm down first.. as u are love marriage.. hope his love stays in heart still, though he never shows off.. wen u get private time with him kindly discuss about the love factor that u are missing for a short period of time also explain about the extra head ache(if u consider so- SIL) to ur hubby.. speak out ur problem my dear..

3. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

hi friend lavy,
    In some love marriages those things arises, you please make time to talk with him about these things. try to understand him, that yourself and your husband also have a family for your future, not for the sake of ur sis in laws and bro in laws, and convince him that its the time for a kid, iam surprised that you both had married after a long period of love, since then no kid., i want to know that your husband is having any problem , ask him to go for a semen analysis after consultation with a doctor.
    you please always calm youself, dont get tensed, do practice pranayama, yoga, meditation, etc., one day all will get setright. may god bless you friend. be happy always.

4. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Trust is the foundation for all relationships. First talk to him regarding this one day when u both have some privacy. Tell him what u told us. Tell him he must respect u and love u for what u are like how u do.
    If this doesn't work try talking to his house some elders whom he values the most and who is more likely to understand and help you.
    All of us ILs are here for u as friends and u can pm me anytime!
    Other than this u must be stern about work friends etc. If u get scared of hubby and cut urself off from others they might even take it that u are very rude and use their help or seek them only when u need them and not other way round.
    Make it clear to hubby somehow that after so many years , he must know u well and can't misjudge u like that. I believe relationships can prosper only when there is mutual trust respect and love.
    Good luck.
    If nothing else helps, counselling will probably be the last resort.

5. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Could you never judge your husband's possessiveness/aloofness/not caring attitude throughout your 9 yr relationship? I'm sure at some point you would have realized, he is like this and still I want to spend my life with him.
    Nevertheless, now since you are married (happily or not), I feel you should have a heart to heart talk with you husband. Request him, if he doesn't agree force him...you are entitled to atleast have a conversation with him. At the end of the talk i'm sure if not for anything you would atleast realize..is it (leaving your personal life aside...cutting out all contacts with friends...secluding yourself).. worth it or not.
    If what you feel/want does not matter to him.....then you rather enjoy your life on your terms...u never know..once your husband notices that you are having a 'good' time without him..he might as well want to come back to you.
    But for all this....you need to know whats going on in his mind...and what is his current feeling for you!

Hope things workout in your favor soon!
    Have a good life ahead!

1 person likes this.
  6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lavy,

I am sorry for your situation. You know him for 6 years before wedding, was he like this or changed after wedding? As other members suggested take him out for a dinner and open your mind and explain him everything you are going through. Hope your husband understands your situation. Be happy.

7. Pravisha

Pravisha New IL'ite

Hi Lavy,
    everyone said everything... now just relax and think what advice is appropriate for ur situation... but u must talk to him abt ur feelings no one wants to understand other problems without telling them... so just go ahead n talk for urself.. take care n all the best.. :cool2:

1 person likes this.
  8. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

first ask him what is his problem ? and know there he has connection with other girl to avoid u r behaving like that.

u try to impress him with what ever he likes and change his mind , feeling etc

i think now u understand that y women keep there hubby in there hands.

they r many way to change n to keep him in u'r grips.

k na cool ma don't be sad if u be crying r sad they will make u more cry n at last we will hate our self. so don't be emotional be cooooooooooooooooool .

do all these will true love k na.
    all the best dear.

9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

the restrictions are after marriage for before too???

even if they are there before,it's shows that your accepted those and married him.If you don't fight for your freedom then things won't come to you easily.You need to fight for things which are important to you.Don't give up on yoru basic freedom.

10. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

i wonder how u can be so blinded that u call suspicion, treating like maid, isolation - as LOVE...

frankly ur husband is just taking u for a ride.. he has cut off all ur contacts, ur independence and made u a free maid at home for him and his family...

atleast now start getting back in touch with ur family, relatives and friends... start going to their functions, homes and start having ur own life...

start making new friends and have fun... if ur husband objects tell him this his how it is going to be ... and he better accept u with out suspicions..

and dont make a kid just because u feel lonely.. that is the worst reason to make a kid... try setting ur life and relation ship in track and then plan for the future...

all the best...

1 person likes this.